Tuesday, September 6, 2011

ScrapbookSteals MCM #48

So, last night I decided to put the wonderful sketch by Kristy to work for a thank you card.  I had meant to make this friend a "thinking of you" card last week, but I had forgotten.  And when she gifted us with a present for our newest family member on Sunday, I knew I had to get to work!  My friend is a card maker too, so I knew I had to do my best :)

I used papers from a paper pack I bought years ago at Hobby Lobby.  I bought it for a church card making day, and I still have quite a bit left.  I have used most of the boy/blue papers, but I still have a good supply of pink left.  But, this card is completely made out of scraps!

Yesterday I bought the Recollections punch that I used for both the tag and the top of the paisley paper.  With a 50% off coupon, it was $6.50, and I think it was money well spent. I put mini brads through the wholes from the bunch on the border piece, which I think adds a little dimension and interest.

The flower is based off of a How To'sday on the ScrapbookSteals blog.  I made it with 6 "pedals", which I think added to the look.  The circles are made from two pieces of paper glued together.  Since the paper is white ont he back, it gives a nice edge when folded. 

The hardest part was the tag.  I don't have any word stamps yet, so I stamped it out of single letters I have.  I have a hard time lining those up though, which was the biggest challenge. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! This card is beautiful! I think the sentiment looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete