Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hearts and Black Matting

The Challenge Me Tuesday for next week on Practical Scrappers is black matting.  I also saw their call for hearts, and an idea came to me.  I dug up a picture from my first "date" with my husband - skiing, and decided to scrap a page about it.  I hope to complete an 8x8 album for him with pictures from our "dates."  (We dated long distance, so we saw each other for about a week every month or three for 1.5 years.)



I used my Silhouette a ton for this.  I had it cut out the hearts (both black and patterned) WITH the holes for stitching.  I also had it cut out the very light pink background paper with holes.  This made lining everything up a lot easier.  I sent the black hearts through my X and then stuck them on the background paper.  Then I got to stitching.  The patterned hearts are just sewn on - no other adhesive.  Once they were all sewn down, I folded them a little to give some dimension.  I decided to just write the basic information on the corner of the page, and idea from my scrapping friend Misty (who journals a lot on the corners of her background paper).  I might add some more journalling on the back, but it all depends on what I decide to do with these layouts I think.

Featured!
http://www.practicalscrappers.com/2012/02/challenge-me-tuesday-touch-of-black.html

No comments:

Post a Comment