Thursday, August 23, 2012

Let's Get Sketchy Design Team Call

If you have been following my blog, you probably have noticed I tend to love sketches from two sites - Let's Get Sketchy and ScrapbookSteals.  Well, Let's Get Sketchy is currently looking for two more designers, so I thought I would throw my hat in the mix and try out.  The biggest part of the application was to make a layout based off of a sketch.  I had these two photos "waiting" to be scrapped for a sketch like this, so I had a place to start.  Since the layout is about trains, I used my Piggy Tales Tin Soldier papers on this one.  Along with the embellishments from the kit, I used some twine, random star buttons from my stash, and some Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type to finish off the layout (as well as the "usual" brown ink for the edges of the page).


You will notice a glare on the photos.  This is actually the photo and not from taking a picture of the layout.  My son crawled up the ramp on the last hole at an indoor miniature golf course to get to the train (that is runs when a ball makes it into the "hole").  The train area is surrounded by plexiglass, so the photos aren't great.  Plus, I was trying to get the pictures taken quickly, as well, he was breaking the rules!  It clearly states on the sign that you aren't to climb the ramp.  Unfortunately my two year old can't read, and I was busy getting his big sister a new ball when he crawled up...

So, if you haven't already checked out Let's Get Sketchy, you should!  They have a sketch the first four Mondays of the month, and if there is a fifth Monday, then they have a non-sketch challenge.

Here is the sketch my layout is based off of:

And here is this week's sketch (which I am about to tackle):


3 comments:

  1. great take on the sketch Stephanie, thanks for applying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute layout!! Thanks for applying to join our LGS team - love seeing everyone's take on this sketch! Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch Stephanie! I love how you rotated it and the papers you used are so cute! Thanks for applying for the DT - good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete