Monday, August 12, 2013

Ink It Up for Use It Tuesday!

I know you have them - uninked stamps in your stash WAITING to be used.  Well, the new Use It Tuesday challenge is just for you!  Pull out those un-inked stamps, and put the to use on any kind of project.  Mention the hoarded supplies and UIT, and then link up!  We can't wait to see what you create.

My parents' 50th anniversary is coming up, and my siblings asked me to make them an album.  I don't have all of the pictures yet, so I am just making pages without any of those details.  Then, I will add the photos, titles, and journalling later.  I bought a Simple Stories Documented paper pad at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago just for this project.  I thought the simple monochromatic papers would make a good base.  Then I can add pops of color using items from my stash.  This layout is based off of KLD's DT Doodles #31 (I used scallops and tiny bracket templates for this one).  Other than the SS paper pad, I used a boarder strip from MME Oh La La that I have been hoarding for over a year.  The other pop of color is MME as well (I think it is Lime Twist) - cut using one of my 8in scallop templates.  As for the stamp - that square embellishment is made from clay I bought almost 2 years ago!  I bought it with the idea of making these embellishments, and I just never did!  So, I pulled out another MME product - a Stella and Rose stamp I hadn't used - and stamped it onto the clay.  Then I inked it before baking it.  This made the ink permanent (if you try inking after, it tends to rub off).  And guess what - the stamp is still technically uninked :)

No comments:

Post a Comment