Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Let's Get Sketchy #11 - hard!

 

This is my take on the Let's Get Sketchy Sketch #11.  I used Fancy Pants Little Sprout for this layout of my first born.  I add some twine (twinery), buttons (mix of Little Sprout and other random ones from my stash), brads (again random from my stash), solid brown card stock for mattering, and AC Thickers.  

The circle is made out of flowers that I cut with the silhouette.  I used I used the paper with the journalling cards on it, so I got quite a few patterns out of one piece of paper.  I then stitched them to the layout and added the buttons and brads for a little dimension.

Here is the sketch and the the journalling (with a name or two changed/shortened).




December 20, 2007 was one of the hardest mornings in my life. I got up early because Daddy had to take Uncle to the airport. We decided they would drop me off at the hospital on the way so I could spend extra time with you.

I called before we left just to see how you were doing and to let them know we were on the way. They told me they put you back on oxygen. My heart was broken.

My mind raced and yet I had no idea what it really meant. When I got to the hospital I let you nurse and just held you until 6:30 when I had to leave you for shift change.

I called Daddy while I waited, and through tears, asked him to come and help me figure out what was going on. Friend also called and asked if she could come and bring me breakfast.

Around 7:30 I was able to see you again, and before too long Daddy and Friend were there.  Daddy was able to talk to the doctor and nurses and make a plan.  We would try one more time to get you off oxygen before coming home.

But, either way, you were going to come home the next day. You failed the car seat test without oxygen (maybe cause of a bad sensor), but you did just fine with the oxygen (and a new sensor).

The day ended well with you meeting Grandma and Grandpa for the first time, but the morning is one I wish I had never had.

13 comments:

  1. Oh! What a pretty LO in soft color hues and i can see how hard the situation was. Here's giving you a hug all the way from Manila. =)

    Thanks for joining the 10th Official Sketch Challenge at Let’s Get Sketchy!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing story and beautiful layout, love the flower circle, so pretty! thanks for sharing your journaling with us...and thanks for sharing your layout with lets get sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty layout - love the circle of flowers! Thanks for sharing the journalling too -- I'm a mom of a preemie so I can relate :-) Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the circle made of flowers - it looks so good. Lovely take on the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the flower ring, that is just wonderful and your sweet photos are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ring is awesome! What a fabulous page!! Thanks for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a heartfelt story. I'm glad everything turned out ok. The photos are just so precious and your layout is gorgeous. The details are amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely page and great journaling! thanks so much for playing with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous layout! Love the way you used the flowers for the circle. Such a heart wrenching story! Glad everything worked out ok. Thank you so much for joining us at LGS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so beautiful flowers!I love it!
    Thanks for playing along with at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely page, beautiful flowers. Thanks for playing along with at LGS

    ReplyDelete