Sunday, June 10, 2012

Take 12 May

I finally got my May take 12 page done.  I use the Let's Get Sketchy Challenge #6 for this one.  I also used a challenge in Scrap-Friendzy.  It is called a Smores challenge - texture for the graham crackers, two browns for the chocolate, a circle and some white for the marshmallow, and and some sticks to roast it all on.  With the texture in mind and bright colors in the photos, I went with some AC Amy Tangerine for this one.  I used some fabric paper as the background.  Then, I added more texture with the white circle.  I sprayed the white cardstock with water and then crinkled it up.  I ironed it a little to make it dryer and then just let it air dry.  Once it was completely dry, I put it under a phone book just to flatten it a bit.  For the stick part, I used two toothpicks that a trimmed a little.  Then, I put some washi tape (from WalMart - Studio G) on it.  I thought the flags would be fun since the layout includes some NA5CAR watching.  As a finishing touch, I cut a few of the hearts out of the background paper and popped them up (the cuts are under the white circle so no one will notice).  I like the tiny bit of pop this gives the page.  

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment