Wednesday, July 17, 2013

You Are A Cute Above the Rest Card


Scrapbook Steals celebrated their fourth birthday last week.  So on Thursday, they issued four challenges to help celebrate the occasion!  I have not had a ton of layout mojo lately, but I have been doing well with card making.  Most of the cards I have been making will go to Operation Write Home, which is giving me even more inspiration I think.  So, I thought I would share the card I made yesterday for the SS Birthday Challenge #4 - Washi Fever.  Our challenge was to use four different washis on a project.  When I saw that this week's Kiwi Lane DT Doodles was card sketches, I knew I was going to use one for this challenge.  I decided on the first sketch and picked out my ledger paper washi for the wave spot (using a Spooky Lane template).  Once I had decided on the "school" paper look, I went with my WRMK kit I won over at SS.  Since I don't have many shape templates, I went with the triangles to make sort of a star shape.  I used two different washis - one on each triangle - to add some color and interest.  The tag is also washi covered cardstock - this time with a blue stripe and then more of the ledger paper on top.  I finished it off with a sticker from WRMK.  I love how simple this card was to make!


1 comment: