Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lord of All Creation

 
This is my take on this week's Let's Get Sketchy sketch.  I used a picture my husband had taken (most likely before we even met) of Crater Lake.  A challenge over at Scrap-Friendzy was to use your favorite song title (or lyrics) on your layout.  When I originally thought about this challenge, I was stuck.  I knew my favorite songs were all Christian praise and worship songs.  I didn't know how I was going to use one of those in a layout.  Then I thought of this song.  I thought of God's creation, and I knew what I was going to do.  I knew we had pictures of Crater Lake - one of the most amazing places in the work.  The picture is perfect for the song - water, earth, and sky.

I used a piece of Authentique Journey for the background and pieces of MME Miss Caroline 6x6 pad for the rest of the paper.  I embellished with some Fancy Pants and Oriental Trading buttons, American Craft Thickers, Cosmo Cricket Mini Alphas, and Twinery Twine.  

It definitely isn't a layout I normally do, but I love it.  I think I will frame it and put it up somewhere in our house.

21 comments:

  1. I love it! And yes. Definitely frame-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job with the sketch! Love those flowers! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Love your paper choices & the title is most certainly fitting for the gorgeous photo! Thanks for joining us this week at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute layout, great job. Thanks for playing along with LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty, love the products you chose to play with, perfect compliment for your photo and your handmade flowers are so sweet. thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job on the layout! What a beautiful photograph! Thanks for playing with us this week at LGS!!

      Delete
  6. Stephanie - I love that song and this layout is beautiful. Definitely frame worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creation! Wonderful work! Thanks for joining the 16th Sketch Challenge at Let’s Get Sketchy!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your layout Steph! The title is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love the paper flowers and the title. Most of all, I love the sentiment behind the page. It's beautiful to see how you've honored our Lord in your page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture!So cute flowers:)Thank you for playing along with Let’s Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous layers and fun clusters.. great take on the sketch and thanks for playing along at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful page, i love the photo it just pops off the page! thanks for playing with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page!Love the soft colors and your made flowers!
    Thanks for playing along with LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful and the photo is spectacular!! Love your flowers! well done. Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful take on the sketch, love the flowers.
    Beautiful photo as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is stunning! What a gorgeous layout you've created.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this layout, especially all the details and layers. I think I will have that lovely song in my head for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing layout and I love the song choice

    ReplyDelete