Monday, August 27, 2012

Use That Ribbon!

Time for another Use It Tuesday challenge!  This time it is to use your ribbon.  Now, the ribbon doesn't have to be hoarded, but something in your project does.  And let's be honest - who doesn't have some hoarded ribbon out there?  I know you do.  So use it!

I decided to create an 8x8 layout this time.  I got the idea of weaving the ribbon, but I didn't know what else to do.  So, I turned to a card sketch actually (ScrapbookSteals MCM #98).  The brown and green ribbon I got for Christmas 2010, and I had used very little of it.  The multi-color polka dot ribbon is actually recycled from MOPS name tags last year.  At the last meeting, I unstrung the name tags that were being tossed just for the ribbon and a few beads.

I had originally had the ribbon on top, but I didn't know what to put on the bottom.  Then I got the idea of the clouds.  I stamped them on some hoarded self-adhesive paper and then cut them out.  The ribbon of course is made out of more ribbon and a hoarded button (most likely from pre-2000).  It is a simple layout, but there isn't much room for things with a photo that size...

So play along!  Once you have your project done, link up on the Use It Tuesday blog.  Make sure you state what is hoarded and get your projects in before Friday, September 7!

11 comments:

  1. Great use of your hoarded ribbon! I love the flower and the weaving, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did the weaving with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea with the ribbon! Weaving was a genius idea. I know I may have a few spools of ribbon laying around, lol. I love your layout! P.S... So glad you are joining us at LGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea to weave the ribbon and add a little flower :) I like the sense of scenery you've created with your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun ... love those clouds! BTW, welcome to the LGS team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout and good save on the polka dot ribbon! And I love that flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great layout, fun use of ribbon.... welcome to the lgs team team, it will be great to work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo. Where is this? I love the weaving on the ribbon and the ribbons go so well together, you'd think they came from the same package!! Thanks for bringing your creativity to the UIT team. Your projects are just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I like your layout very much.
    Thank you for your comment. I'm sorry that I cannot approve it at the moment. The link that should lead to your blog doesn't work properly and leads to a kind of survey. I don't have the time to check this problem today but I'll look for a solution tomorrow and I'll be back to tell you if I find something helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stephanie...just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog, and to congratulate you on the DT spot at LGS!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    I fixed the problem wih your comment: There was a misspelling in the URL of your blog (saying blgospot instead of blogspot) I fixed it by editing your comment. Have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete