Friday, May 3, 2013

ScrapbookSteals Blog Hop!


Welcome to the last stop on the ScrapbookSteals May blog hop!  I am so happy to be asked by such an amazing company to help promote a steal.  ScrapbookSteals has been my go-to-place for products, inspiration, and all things paper-craft related for the last three years!  

Melodee asked us our color preferences, and I asked for navy or yellow.  You can only imagine how happy I was when I got a roll of blue AND yellow twine - in one - from Two Berry Creative!  I originally thought about doing a nautical theme, as these two colors are so nautical (and nautical is "in").  But, life got busy!  So, I decided to make a cute graduation card for my brother in law.  His college school colors are blue and yellow, so it was perfect!  

I used my SIlhouette to cut out this graduation hat and the phrase.  Then I used my Xyron X to cover some cardstock with adhesive (one piece for the hat and one for the sentiment).  I laid the twine on it, running it back and forth to completely cover the strips of cardstock.  To add a little dimension, I had removed the big portion of the tassel from the Silhouette image of the hat, and I made my own little tassel out of more twine.  It turns out the foam pop dots I had were the perfect thickness to pop the white cardstock and fit the twine behind.  


To continue in the National Scrapbook Day Celebration, play along with the challenges from ScrapbookSteals.com.  Here is thefourth challenge:  
Challenge #4 - Right Now
Create a project about Right Now.  It could be a layout about yourself, one of your kids, how much you love someone, or your hopes and dreams for the rest of the year.  Whatever inspires you about the words "Right Now"  


Check out all of the challenges here:  National Scrapbook Day Celebration


And in case you got lost along the way (or this is your first stop), here is the rest of the line-up.  Remember that one lucky commenter will win a gift certificate to ScrapbookSteals!!!!

  1. ScrapbookSteals 
  2. Memorable Scraps - Neela 
  3. Want Less Create More - Judy 
  4. Alison Day Designs
  5. Scrappin' Chaos - Charity
  6. Stephanie's Scrap World (You are here)

31 comments:

  1. I really need to try this technique... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like fun! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is so cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMW! Love what you did with the twine ... so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great colors - perfect for the graduation card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that grad hat!! such a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really diggin this National Scrapbooking Day business. Too fun and lots to win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the twine behind the negative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the card! and the twine tassel is genius! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card - such a beautifully elegant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this. Great use of the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a neat idea! Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative! Love it! Happy NSD!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a graduation party to attend later this month...I just might have to try this. Hope my results are as neat...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This truly ROCKS!! I just love it!

    Micia
    Yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for sharing what a great blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very clever use of twine, great graduation card, love it's simplicity as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. that is just about the nicest graduation cards i've seen. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is so perfect, love that little tassel detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I LOVE your card and how your used your twine!! So creative!!! We have several graduation gifts to make this year, and I might try to make a card like yours.



    ReplyDelete
  23. that is such a brilliant use of cutouts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the positive/negative effect! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card - love the ways you used the twine on it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card... very clever! How fun that the twine was in the school colors!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Scrapbook day...what fun...thanks for chance to win...WOWSA @giveaways and projects so much fun.

    chris@iwooten.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! I love this! I love the twine background, but the tassel on top is fabulous!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a perfect idea....and the tassle is so cute!

    ReplyDelete