Monday, April 29, 2013

Fishing

 I have had these pictures sitting on my desk for almost two weeks waiting to be scrapped.  Since the Paper Secrets deadline is looming, I forced myself to get it done today.  I used a variety of blue papers - MME, MLS, AC, and Recollections - as well as some washi (Studio G and Freckled Fawn).  Then I pulled out a variety of little embellishments - buttons, wood veneers (inked with blue ink), and brads - to make a "mess" on the right side like the sketch.  I wanted to add some journalling, so I thought a pocket would be perfect.  Then I got an even more fun idea - turn the pocket into a fish!  Luckily there was a simple origami tutorial online for making this (although the tutorial is meant for an even bigger fish and snacks).  I think it turned out cute with a brad for the eye.  Here is a close up:
And here is the Paper Secrets Sketch:

4 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh this is just too cute! I LOVE the colors and the little fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout and the color combo! That origami fish is awesome, especially with the journaling hanging out of it's mouth! Great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for participating at Paper Secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Stephanie! You did an wonderful job with the sketch! Love those colors and the washi tapes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute photos and great layout! I love this color combo - perfect with the photos. Cute folded fish too! Thanks for joining us at Paper Secrets :-)

    ReplyDelete