The Paper Bakery just started doing sketch challenges on their blog, so I decided to play along with their very first one! The sketch was so fun to play with for sure! I decided to scrap these pictures of my oldest and her eating her first ice cream cone. We were on a missions trip, helping with a VBS on the Navajo Nation. The place we went to dinner had free ice cream cones for the kids, and so didn't miss out (even though she was just over 1.5 yo). Instead of getting her hands dirty, she put the cone on the table and ate it that way. I am going to add journalling to the bottom right. But because it will contain names and personal details, I left it off for now.
I used MLS Green for this layout. I love the cute patterns, and the wood grain browns worked well with the burnt orange shirt I thought. The brads are Doodle Bug, and the washi is a mx of MME and Downtown Tape. The large alphas are AC Thickers, and the tiny ones are MLS. I added some blue and pink thread to the wood grain strip to add the final bit of layer (and go to with the Scrap Your Story Challenge).
And here is the amazing sketch it is based off of:


This is the sweetest ever!! Love the papers you chose with the adorable photos!
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious! I have one who hates getting his hands messy too, to teach him that trick or not?! Love that sketch - might have to play along myself. And I'm soooo lifting the multiple colored threads when hand stitching. Why have I never thought of that? My friend, you are awesome, and thanks for joining us this week at SYS.
ReplyDeleteLove your take on the sketch! And those pictures are so cute! Thanks for playing along with us! Hugs, Katrina
ReplyDeleteToo cute!! Love those photos and the whimsical feel you created with your patterned papers! The stitching adds a great touch of texture! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!
ReplyDeleteLove MLS!! Great layout, too. Thanks for joining us for our first sketch!! I hope you join us for another one tomorrow :)
ReplyDeleteVery sweet layout Stephanie. Love the colours and the very sweet photos. Great take on the challenge, thanks for playing along at SYS.
ReplyDeleteAww...this is simply adorable!! Thanks for playing with SYS this week!
ReplyDeleteWow! This is sooooooooooo cute! Love the little snails and your stitches. Fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute photo and layout!!! Those little snails are adorable touches!!! Thanks for playing along with us at THe Paper Bakery!!!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!! I adore those little snails and what you did with them! Thanks for playing from The Paper Bakery!
ReplyDeleteADORABLE!!! I love the strip of stitching...great added texture! :) :) Thanks for joining us this week at Scrap Your Story!! :) :) :)
ReplyDelete