This is my take on Amber 8 by Jessica L over at Scrapbook Steals. The vertical and horizontal strips gave me the idea to pull out my hoarded scraps and make a rainbow weave with them. (The current SWAT challenge is Dig Deep - using your hoarded items in a trendy way.) The purple and orange are actually fairly new (Fall 2012 Nicki Silivis box), but that blue, green, and yellow are at least 2 years old (MME Hip Hooray and MLS Green and Simple Life . The red if from last summer's MLS warehouse box (Sew Cute). Then I pulled out my hoarded buttons and added some interest to where the papers cross. Let's not talk about how many buttons I have in my stash!
The right side will get the journalling, but I don't want to post that online. I might add something to the bottom right depending on how much I write. I love how fast this layout came together - I put it together in less than 2 hours!
Here is the sketch:

I love how you wove the colored pieces together and the rainbow effect :) So pretty! Thanks for joining us on the SWAT blog!
ReplyDeleteI love the rainbow strips! I just did a simple rainbow on a card today with the same thought as you - great way to combine different paper collections on one project! Thanks for joining the SWAT stash challenge!
ReplyDeleteLove your take on the sketch and what you did with the ribbons! I may (cough) have a couple ribbons in my stash that I could use in a similar way! I may even have a few (cough, cough) buttons in my stash to add. :) Thanks for playing along with us at SWAT!
ReplyDeleteI really like the weaving of the colorful strips! What a great way to use up old papers. Thank you for joining us at S.W.A.T!
ReplyDeleteLOVE those bright stripes of color!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with SWAT.
Super Cute!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at SWAT
ReplyDeletegreat weaving and fun bright colours... thanks for playing along at SWAT
ReplyDeleteReally cute and creative page. Love the rainbow of ribbons. Thanks for playing along with us at SWAT!
ReplyDeleteLove the weaved paper. Makes for a great visual background. Thanks for playing with us at SWAT.
ReplyDelete