Time for another Let's Get Sketchy sketch!
This time I decided to go bright and colorful using some Amy Tangerine (American Crafts). The pictures from VBS when my oldest was less than a year old cried out for bright and fun. Since I didn't want to cut a circle, I made a "circle" using rectangles of paper (it is actually a dodecagon with 12 sides). But, I got stuck when the layout looked like this:
So I asked some of the other design team ladies at LGS for advice. And then pointed me in the right direction! First, I knew I needed something in the top left. One of them gave me the idea to fold the edge over and reveal the back. Well, the base is actually solid textured cardstock, so I glued a piece of the green paper there and added the orange button to tie everything in. Then I trimmed the whole thing down a tiny bit, distressed the edges, and matted it on bright pink cardstock. This added a nice punch to the layout. But, it still wasn't done. Finally, I got the idea to add some faux stitching. This is what it needed to finish it off.


awesome, love what you did with your base circle!
ReplyDeletecute layout! love what you did with the circle!
ReplyDeleteLove the finished layout :-) Especially the stitching & the folded corner!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome changes! Love the completed layout!
ReplyDeleteKathleen
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/
Those photos are soooo sweet Stephanie. So glad you're happy with your page, after a little help from your friends :)
ReplyDeleteso sweet page.. love the stitching and accents .. perfect touch
ReplyDeleteThis turned out so cute! I love what you did in place of the circle!
ReplyDelete