Monday, September 10, 2012

UIT Anything Goes!

Time for another Use It Tuesday challenge!  Challenge #39 is Anything Goes.  That means as long as you use something hoarded in a project this week, you should link up!  Paper, scraps, stamps, ink, alphas, embellishments - you name it!  Get creating using your stash and show us what you can make!

My oldest is already {un}patiently waiting until she looses her first tooth.  Since we don't "do" Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny, we decided to not "do" the tooth fairy either.  But, that doesn't mean there aren't "rewards" for loosing a tooth!  And she knows she will get something thanks to TV shows with the tooth fairy in them.  So, I wanted to make something for her to hold and tooth and then the prize.  Since her current thought for a prize is a new tooth brush and tooth paste, it needs to be a decent size.  So, I decided to make a door knob hanger.  That will save having to sneak into the room too since the kids will all be sharing a room AND some of them aren't the heaviest of sleepers.


I decided to start with some hoarded DCWV glitter paper that I have had for AGES.  I am just not a huge pink fan, so it has been hard to use it up.  Since I have a bunch of white cardstock, I used that as the base.  I cut the circle and the rounded top with my Creative Memories cutters.  Then I created a pocket in the middle (just a band of cardstock glued inside).  Then it was time to decorate.  The green rick rack is over 2 years old.  It has a pattern on the front that I just didn't love.  And I finally got the idea to just flip it over.  Then I cut the bracket tag for the front with my Silhouette SD.  That thing has been collecting dust lately, so I pulled it out and put it to work cutting the bracket and letters.  Then I remembered the dino mouth I had already in my Silhouette files.  A friend wanted and outline cut set up, so I did that for her almost a year ago I think.  She used it for when her son got his teeth, but I am going to put it to work for the losing side.  I will number the teeth as she looses them, and then put the numbers and dates on the tag behind it.  The orange rick rick I have had for almost 2 years too - just waiting to be used as well.  Finally I added some flowers from Imaginese and some MME Lush brads to finish it off.  My daughter already loves it.  Now to just wait until she looses a tooth (which might be a year or two...)

8 comments:

  1. Stephanie, this is such a brilliant idea! I will need to make one of these when my daughter gets to that age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so adorable! I'll have to do something like this for Riley down the road
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorably cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea. Have to go sneak into my daughters room tonight to be the toothfairy, because we forgot last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! and you made it so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's just so sweet! Lovely colours! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete