MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Since Christmas falls on a fourth Tuesday this year, it is time for another Use It Tuesday reveal! This time we are asking you to create something about 2013 (or 2012). You could do something about your resolutions for the new year. Or, you could make a card. Or, you could do like a few of us on the design team and start a mini album/smash book for the new year. As long as it has to do with the end of 2012 or the beginning of 2013 AND you use your hoarded items in your project, it can count! Just make sure to mention Use It Tuesday, what hoarded supplies you used, and then link back up with us!
This past year I did my best at Take 12 - taking 12 photos on the 12th of each month. I really liked the push to take photos of the kids on the 12th, but by the end of the year I was tired of scrapping the pictures, remembering to take the photos, etc. So, in 2013 I am going to do something different. On the first Sunday fo the month (assuming I remember - if not as soon as I do), I am going to take a picture of my kids - hopefully together. Then I am going to scrap them in a cute envelope mini album I made! And since it is made out of envelopes, there is already a place to tuck in extra bits from the month - pictures the kids drew, ticket stubs from places we went, etc. I also want to record some sort of favorite each month - from colors, to shows to food.
Here is the cover to my album:
And from the side:From the front:
From the top - notice the extra room for it to expand as I fill it full of fun stuff!
And the inside:
Now for the hoarding part. The envelopes are over 10 years old! I bought a pack of these ones as a trial for our wedding invitations, but then I found other ones I liked better. So, they have sat in a box and moved many times without being touched! And the papers I used on the cover are MME Lush that I bought from Scrapbook Steals over a year ago. I think I made one layout and used a tiny bit of paper for one other project in that year. So, it was definitely time to pull it out and put it to use! And of course I have a stash of Thickers I was happy to put to use on this as well.
As for the cover design, I took inspiration from the December sketch over at Artful Delight and from ScrapbookSteals Monday Craft Madness #5 (layering).
Now get crafting! All submissions must be linked up by Thursday, January 3. We can't wait to see what you create!

I know what yiou mean about the 12 on 12. I did a similar thing with a questionare that I filled out once a month to record a snap shot of my life. I was good for the first couple of months but it got hard or forgotten towards te end. Good luck with the new album. Hope you can see it through
ReplyDeleteThis is such an awesome project! I love your idea and how the envelopes are right there in the album! I love the blue themed cover too :)
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, can't wait to see the finished project! Looks really good!
ReplyDelete