Wednesday, December 12, 2012

3 is not for me!

I had printed this photo of my son last week, with plans on using it for Jade 1 at ScrapbookSteals.  But, I only got one layout done last week, so it was still sitting in my pile to scrap when I saw this week's MWM sketch (Jade 2).  Although the sketch is for two photos, I knew I could easily adapt it to only one - meaning i didn't have to get more photos printed!  (Which is always a good thing during this busy time of the year).  I pulled out my MME Hip Hooray papers and got to work layering things for the big photo mat.  As I was working, I remember the NOEL challenges over at Kerys's, Rochelle's, Brenda's, and Kristy's blogs.  I knew I could include some of those in this layout!

N for numbers are easy!  The picture is of my son on his third birthday, so I just used the number 3 in the title.  Then it was on to O.  I just couldn't figure out how to add an oval to this layout, so I skipped it and will use it on another layout this month.  Next comes E for eyelets.  I knew I wanted to use 1 on the tag, and I had seen brads used on the corners of pages recently.  So, I took that idea and added 4 eyelets to the top left corner.  I wish I would have gotten them a little straighter, but I still like the look :)  Finally was L for lined paper or list.  Well, my Hip Hooray scraps and mixed in with my Alphabet Soup ones, and that collection has a great lined paper in it.  So, I used it for the journalling, and I think it worked perfectly.




And here is the amazing sketch by Kerys:


2 comments:

  1. Stephanie what a very nice layout! You did an awesome job on combining all of the challenges! Thank you so much for joining in the challenge at GCC as well as my scrappy friends challenges! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute.. love that title!!! Thank you so much for playing along with our challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete