Monday, April 30, 2012

Another Mother's Day Card

 
This one is based off of the ScrapbookSteals MCM #40 sketch.  It started with the Challenge Me Tuesday challenge on Practical Scrappers - use a word puzzle.  I decided to make a word search-type block for the sentiment.  From there, I searched through the MCM sketches for one I thought would work well with my size sentiment block.  I had the Silhouette sketch the letters (using black and purple sketch pens).  Then I filled in the purple letters with pink pen to make the pop.  I then trimmed the block, rounded the corners with my corner comper, and inked the edges with ColorBox charcoal chalk.  I decided to use Bo Bunny Jazmyne for the papers.  I don't love how the sentiment block color came out (card stock), but I love the colors in Jazmyne!  I cut the waves with my Creative Memories trimmer and inked the edges with the same ink as the sentiment block.  I then added the flowers from the Jazmyne kit to finish it off.  Now I just need to finish the inside of the card and mail it!

1 comment: