Monday, April 2, 2012

Good Luck Preventing Disappointment

Like I posted earlier, I submitted an application to be a Fresh Face Designer for Practical Scrappers.  Today I learned I didn't get picked.  But it is okay.  First, I won two Random.org drawings in the last 24 hours - a blog give-away from Cristine at One Scrappy Novice and the random winner of the PGCB Challenge #4.  Knowing I have two scrapping prizes coming my way definitely softens the blow.  But also I think it is for the best.  This summer is going to be busy.  I didn't know if I should apply or not because of that.  I will be teaching more than I have since my oldest was born, including two sections of a course I haven't taught in five years (luckily it is a course I can teach fairly easily).  I will also be in charge of our church's VBS this summer, so I will be busy planning that as well.  Add in a few family trips (to see extended family), and it could be a very crazy few months.  So, I will wait and apply again in August probably.  The fall should be a lot calmer for sure.  Actually, everything should calm down after mid-August.  The summer term will be over, VBS will be over, and my youngest's birthday will be over.  So, it will be back to life as normal.  Hopefully by then I will have more traffic on my blog, which I know is one thing they like to see.  And my scrapping can only improve, so that is always a positive.

Now off to get some more scrapping done - probably on my friend's mini album.

No comments:

Post a Comment