Saturday, July 28, 2012
Sick (Let's Get Sketchy #21)
This week I picked up a distress ink at Hobby Lobby, so I thought I would try it out on this layout. I don't LOVE it, but I don't think it turned out too bad. I bet with some more practice it will look better.
This picture is from when my oldest was sick for the first time. We were at my parents, and it was the morning we were leaving (to fly back home). She had a fever, was stuffed up, and in general just not happy. She did enjoy some snuggles with her aunt and cousin though while I packed, etc.
I used MME Alphabet Soup (girl) for this layout. Other than the background, it was all scraps I had. The bracket shape was even a scrap I had already cut, which made this layout go together quickly. The part that took the longest was the title. And that was just because the S punch was missing. My daughter and I looked for it yesterday, but we couldn't find it. And then somehow it was with all of the others this morning...
Here is the sketch it is based off of:
Labels:
Let's Get Sketchy,
MME
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Such a pretty layout. I like your choIce of pp's. Thank you for joining us this week at LGS!
ReplyDeleteCute layout! Love that line of MME papers. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful layout! Love all the soft colors and details. Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Sketchy!
ReplyDeletenicely done, love the details, thanks for playing with us at LGS!
ReplyDeleteI think it turned out great, very nice colors to go along with the ink, thanks for playing along with us at lgs!
ReplyDeleteThis is just darling! And that background paper is really unique ... love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Lets Get Sketchy!
ReplyDelete