It is time for another challenge over at Use It Tuesday. Are you ready?
And now, for the challenge! We challenge you to use your uncut paper. You know - those collections or papers you just HAD to have and yet you haven't used. Those ones. It is time to put them to work!
Be sure to tell us in your post what you used! In order to be considered for Top 2 Picks, we need to know what hoarded items you used in your paper craft. It doesn't have to be the uncut paper that is hoarded - it can be embellishments, ink, pictures, etc. Just let us know what it is!
Last December, I decided I had to have some LilyBee Harvest Market papers for fall pictures. And yet, 7 months later I hadn't touched them. So, I pulled them out and put them to work with pictures from the pumpkin patch last year.
I cut 1 inch strips of paper and lined them up along the bottom. I randomly cut circles and flipped the papers over, giving it a little more interest at the bottom. I then stitched around the circles as well as the horizontal line between the papers. Since my white fabric Thickers didn't want to stay stuck on the paper, I stitched those down too (all stitching is in khaki thread so it somewhat blends in). This is all on some kraft card stock that I "messed" up with some brown paint. I topped the strips off with some Jillibean Soup ribbon and then placed the journalling tag and pictures on the page (as well as the remaining alphas - brown Thickers and MLS mini alphas). Next it was time for some embellishing. I put some Twinery twine around the bottom of the middle picture on the right page, add a button with more Twinery twine to the journalling tag, added a second small journalling tag with the date and more twine, and finished everything off with two felt stickers I got from Oriental Trading last December (simply because I needed to spend a few more dollars to get free shipping).
As for hoarded, I think the most hoarded item is my sewing machine. I have used it on I think 3 layouts since i got it three years ago, and the last layout was about a year ago. I haven't even used in for clothes! My MIL has used it twice when visiting, and I have made a few bags two years ago for a little girl, but that is it.
The only thing on the page that isn't at least 6 months old are the MLS mini alphas (and adhesive). The paint I have had for over 12 years!!! The button I have had for 10 years probably. Let's just say I have a good stash of stuff, which is why I am loving Use It Tuesday!
So, don't forget to create something (card, layout, altered project, whatever) with some uncut paper. Then, link it up on the Use It Tuesday blog for a chance to be featured and to be a guest designer!

Fabulous double-pager! And those photo's are so cute!!
ReplyDeleteGreat layout, the title looks fabulous and the embellishments add the perfect finishing touch!
ReplyDeleteThis layout is so pretty, and I love the kraft with paint. So pretty! :)
ReplyDeleteThe layout is so cute with perfect colours for the pumpkin patch. I'm inspired to break out my sewing machine now too. :)
ReplyDeleteI just LOOVE this layout! I love the patterns you used in it and it's so great for the theme. Great job!
ReplyDelete