Its time for another Team A reveal at Let's Get Sketchy! Below is the sketch by Bev that we had to work with for this week's reveal. When I saw the square grid, I thought of my Authentique Uncommon papers almost immediately. So, I knew I wanted to do a girly layout for this one!
Then I stumbled across this picture of my daughter with her only girl cousin. I knew I had to scrapbook it as well as the story of the cousin's reaction to her birth. And of course the papers work perfectly for the layout all about how happy she was to have a girl cousin finally!
I started with the mat for the photo. I really wanted to try layering, and the Authentique papers and embellishments worked perfectly! And I even was able to hide some journalling :)
Then I cut out the banner from some scraps that I had. I laced them together with some Twinery black twine for the perfect little banner.
For the title, I inked some white AC Thickers. It is the same charcoal Colorbox chalk ink I used on all of the paper edges too.
I finished up with cutting some circles out of the paper and them matting them on black card stock.
Now it it time for you to play along! Use the sketch as inspiration, and then link it up to the Let's Get Sketchy blog! You have until the end of the month to complete three layouts and be eligible for the drawing! I can't wait to see what you create!


I am absolutely IN LOVE with this layout! I love your colors, the background and every little detail. One of my fave's of the day!!! Love your work Stephanie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous girly page with your amazing layering!! ~ Blessings, Tracey
ReplyDeletehttp://gracescraps.blogspot.com/
Love the layers! They're all so beautiful!! Great and pretty gorgeous work!
ReplyDeleteKathleen
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/
Gorgeous layout, love all the layers and your banner! Cute photo, too!!! Hugs, Roxy.
ReplyDelete