When I saw that we were going to do a thankful challenge over at Use It Tuesday, I first thought about doing a layout. But, I just wasn't sure what I would scrap. I had done a gratitude layout back in April already, and since I live in the US, thanksgiving hadn't happened this year yet. Then I thought about the 30 days of thankfulness that I see on Facebook every November. I thought it would be a great project for my oldest (almost 5 and in kindergarten) this year. And I knew that I could turn to her brother (almost 3) on days she just wasn't up for saying what she was thankful for.
With that, I decided to make a mini tag album. I decide to go with 2x3 photos (printed 4 on a 4x6 print). So, I made my tags 3x6in. I have a bunch already cut out of some solid cardstock from my stash in a variety of fall colors.
I started with four of the "inside" pages from the first 6 days of the month (two of the days I had to stage pictures for still when I printed the pictures). Here are those pages:
On this one, I used some KI Memories Love Elsie papers and embellishments that I have been hoarding for over a year. And of course a hoarded number Thicker and some Webster's Pages trim to finish it off.
On this one I used some scraps from the fall wreathe I made recently. The papers are definitely not hoarded (I bought them to make the wreathe back in October), but the Thicker 3 and twine are!
This one I used some VERY hoarded MME Abbey Road paper on. I have had that paper for 2 years probably. And of course another Thicker :)
This one is some more of the scraps from the wreathe. But again, it has a hoarded Thicker number!
I also have 2 pages ready for pictures and finishing touches:
This one has some hoarded Webster's Pages papers on it, ready for a picture of my kids eating popcorn.
And another one with scraps from the wreathe ready for a picture of my daughter's stuffed animals.
Once I had those done, I got to work on the cover.
I again used a scrap from the wreathe, but this time I embellished with some hoarded felt embellishments (from Oriental Trading that I bought last year to push my order to free shipping) as well as a leaf that was left over from my fall ATCs.
And on all of these tags, I am using probably my most hoarded item in my stash - WRMK eyelets! I thought I "HAD" to have a Crop-a-dile about two years ago. And, unfortunately I have only used it a handful of times for eyelets. I really should us it more!
Hopefully I will get this album done by the end of the year. I will post pages as I get them done though.
I am also entering this into the Paper Girls Challenge #19 - Thank You


Stephanie! I love your tag "Thankful" mini! So fun, creative and has a wonderful message, too!
ReplyDeleteI love them!
ReplyDeleteAwesome mini-album! It will be a great thing to look at over and over as a reminder to be thankful.
ReplyDeleteOh I love mini albums and this one is fabulous with all those tags!
ReplyDeleteAmazing project. Funny I have a crop a dile too and seem to go through cycles of heavy use to the why do I have this on my shelf phase
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great idea! Love the idea of a tag album! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Girls!
ReplyDeleteStephanie these are gorgeous and very creative. Love everything about them. Wishing you a fab Friday.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
Oh this is a great album and a great idea too. Thanks for entering this in The Paper Girls Challenge!
ReplyDeleteThis is SO cute! What a great idea of making a mini album using tags. I love everything about it!
ReplyDelete