Monday, December 10, 2012

Use It Tuesday - Christmas/Holidays!

Time for another fun challenge over at Use It Tuesday!  Now, I know you are busy getting ready for Christmas, but that is no excuse for not playing along :)  I know most of you are working on last minute gifts, cards, or decorations, so this is a great chance to use your stash and join in!  The only rule is that you have to use some hoarded items from your stash, and I know we all have them.
I have been busy making teacher gifts for my kids' MOPS, AWANA, and Sunday School teachers.  First I made 6 for the MOPS caregivers.  Since each of my three kids has two caregivers, I made three sets of these fun hot cocoa cans (that I bought from ScrapbookSteals).  The cans are full of hot cocoa mix, peppermint balls, and marshmallows.
 The first two cans I used a paper pad that my MIL picked up at a garage sale over a year ago.  It is only of those pads with "premade" pages that all you have to add are pictures.  Well, it totally isn't my style, but there were some cute images and stickers in there!  So, I cut the pages up and made these two cute cans for my youngest.
Unfortunately there weren't many other images that would fit on the lids, so I dug out my Fancy Pants Christmas paper that I bought two years ago (and is the 2009 line).  I used a ton of the paper making cards that year, but since then it has mostly just sat on my shelves. 


 Once I had the cans done, I made little cards for the kids to "sign" using coordinating paper.




This weekend I then put together 11 more cans!  This time I added biscotti to the cans, after spotting them at Costco for a reasonable price.  One of the SPARKS "teachers" can't have gluten, so I added some extra hot cocoa packs to her's.  These ones I decorated with some Paper Source (Hobby Lobby) papers I probably bought 2 years ago.  And let's not talk about how old that red cardstock is.  It is possible it is "original" to my scrap stash (if not, it is at least 4 years old).

Now, remember to link up your projects with Use It Tuesday and mention what hoarded supplies you used! We can't wait to see what you create!

7 comments:

  1. These are SUPER cute! I love the tall shape of the paint buckets---really unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, wish I was that organized! They look amazing and I'm sure everyone will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy. I want hot chocolate now. great use of your stash and I hear you on the pre made pages. That's why I'm deconstructing the album I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! I bet teachers would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such a crazy good idea!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete