Monday, February 25, 2013

Ink It Up - ATCs for UIT Reveal

Time for challenge number 50 over at Use It Tuesday!  That means UIT has been around for over two years, and we are celebrating!  The challenge this time is to use uninked stamps.  And a bonus challenge - use gold for our 50th challenge!

I pulled out my Stampin Up stamp set I got last year when I ordered some water color pencils.  I hadn't touched the stamp set since I got it (other than to look at them and then put them back).  I thought this flower would make a beautiful simple ATC for a swap coming up.  I stamped it with brown Stampin Up ink on white cardstock.  Then I colored them with different yellow and orange water color pencils.  I matted them on some golden cardstock I have had for over a year.  To finish them off, I wrapped the bottom with gold Sew Easy thread and put a button to finish them off.


I asked some friends which color button they liked - white or yellow - and I got a mix of answers.  So, my finished set will have some yellow, some white, and some brown.  I have 17 to make, so a mix is kind of fun anyways :)

In other UIT news, we have a Facebook page now!  Come over and like it so you can get even more inspiration, reminders, and other fun posts from us! 

Now get creating with those uninked stamps.  Make sure to mention your hoarded item(s) and UIT when you post your project, and then link up with us for a chance to be spotlighted and to be a guest designer!  Projects are due Thursday, March 7.

3 comments:

  1. What a great little card to have on hand for any occasion Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clean feel of this card! That flower is so pretty and I love the gold thread!!

    Stacey
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete