Thursday, February 28, 2013

Let's Get Sketchy Birthday Blog Hop!


Let’s Get Sketchy is turning ONE and to celebrate we are having a Birthday Bash Blog hop.  As you make your way along our hop to visit each of our DT blogs you will find lots of birthday inspired projects.   If you have arrived here from Bev's blog welcome to the LGS blog hop!! If you have stumbled across this by chance and want to play along then you can head back to the Let's Get Sketchy site to start at the beginning and to start collecting your Birthday challenge words. These words should be bolded on each DT member’s pages.

This year a committed to making a birthday card for everyone in my family plus those needed for birthday parties, etc. So, for the blog hop, I got two more made!
KLD DTDoodle 8.3 using Spooky Lane 2B
 This first one is for my daughter's friend who will be 6 this month.  I decided to go with a mix of papers, as she loves to color in rainbow.  I made rosettes out of a piece of FP Little Sprout and a piece of MME Hip Hooray (boy).  I also used these same papers for the strips on the left side.  I then added a little blue solid paper, some washi, and a couple of buttons to finish of this easy card.

Unscripted Sketches #199
The second card I originally planned for my husband (whose birthday is this month), but I might save it for someone else, as it is slightly girly.  It will probably depend on if I get better inspiration for a card for him in the next few weeks or not!  I used some yellow Crate Paper and some orange and green Amy Tangerine paper as well as the solid blue cardstock for this one.  The sun shape is from a KLD template (Nature 5T), and I topped it off with some washi flags and some twine.  The washi isn't wanting to stay perfectly, so I might have to add a little glue to those...

Birthday Bash Challenge- To create any birthday inspired project from examples you see on the DT pages and upload here at LGS.  If their project is a layout then do a lift of that page, if it’s a project of sorts then do that project.  You can pick from ANY DT member’s blog project for the hop.  The upload it to the Let's Get Sketchy blog when you are done! 

Also as you hop along the way you will find clue words on each of the design team blogs.  Once you have gathered all the words (you might want to put them in your SATCHEL)they will form a quote related to our birthday. Tell us that quote by emailing letsgetsketchy@gmail.com and get your name in the pot for an extra drawing.

The winner of the hop will be randomly selected and will win a nice bag of scrap goodies from Let's Get Sketchy.  As always there are rules for playing!

Here are the rules for playing and winning:
1. You MUST be a follower of each LGS team members blog and leave a comment on each blog and;
2. You MUST also be a follower of the LGS blog.
Please make sure you visit the entire team today as some members are hosting additional blog challenges during the hop and offering their own extra goodies for you so the more you play the more chances you win!


All blog hop entries are due by midnight, March 8th, 2013. CST.   
Now hop on over to Stacey's blog to see what she has in store for you!
Here is the lineup in case you get lost!

Line up:


29 comments:

  1. I love both of your projects Stephanie!!! You did a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards, love the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. love the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rosettes! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute cards.. love the design, elements and colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those cards! The rosettes and flags are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are awesome! I'm loving the rosettes and the flags! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the first card especially Stephanie. I've really enjoyed playing along with you over the past 6 months and look forward to another 6 to come :D Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so very fun and festive with the rosettes, the flags and the twine! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your cards! happy birthday LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards! Everyone will love getting your homemade cards! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! Thanks for playing at US this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cards! I love those rosettes! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card! I think it would be fine for a guy - lots of masculine features like the sweet flags that remind me of a putting green at a golf course! So happy that you chose our Unscripted Sketch to showcase your clever creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh your cards are so adorable! I love all the elements you added! Just hopping by to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards, I really love the colors in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YOur cards definitely have the WOW factor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards, love those rosette..Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like both of these cards. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job on the cards Stephanie! Love the washi banner flags!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome job on the cards and such beautiful rosettes!!! Nice inspiration :-)
    I am a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute cards. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice card thanks for joining us at US.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute cards Stephanie! I recognize you from the DT at Scrap-Friendzy. Great to see you again! Hopefully I can make some time to lift one of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your birthday card the are so adorable Love the rosettes

    ReplyDelete
  26. love these cards, Stephanie. Sounds like a full time job, making all those cards. Thanks for linking up with The Paper Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such great cards! I love the happy birthday banner card with the flags, I think it is a great guy card!

    ReplyDelete