Sunday, February 17, 2013

learning - A LGS Reveal

 This week's amazing sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy is by the amazing Bev Code.  I love that it has a mix of hexagons, banners, and arrows!
I recently sorted my papers by color, and decided I had a TON of blue papers.  So, I started this layout looking through my drawer with turquoise paper.  I was immediately drawn to the gingham paper with the pink, blue, and green on it (the back side is a blue and white polka dot).  Then I remembered Rochelle's color challenge for this month, and thought I could really make this work!  I pulled out some of my MLS papers to go with the MME Hip Hooray paper and the dug out a piece of light pink NS paper to use for my hexagons.  For the banner, I just used scraps of the hexagons - each triangle is about 1/6th of a hexagon - and stitched them together with twine.
For the arrows, I decided to try stamping them.  I made an arrow template out of scrap cardstock, and then I used my MME border stamp and the three colors of ink to make the arrows.  I topped them off with a piece of the gingham paper and some twine to bring it all together.   The journalling is about what I have learned from my kids - how they have made me grow in the last 5+ years.   The first ever S.W.A.T challenge made me dig deep and really think about myself.
For the embellishment cluster, I used some Crate Paper pieces mostly as well as a few other random pieces I could find.  The title I cut using my Silhouette and the French script font.

10 comments:

  1. Love the contrast of the black & white photo against the bright colours! Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Stephanie! Love your embellishment cluster and the color scheme of your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout! love the hexagons and chevrons!! Thanks for playing along with my blog challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout! I love your color choice! Thank you for joining us at LGS and S.W.A.T.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used Bev's sketch. Isn't she awesome? Thanks for joining in at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page. Love the colourful hexagons.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colors on the Kraft background. And your journaling is really sweet, great take on the "All About You" challenge at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what I love best about this is the kraft paper; no it's the hexagons'; wait I think it's the pops of color; definately not, it's the amazing women in the photo!!!
    Great L/O. Thanks for linking up with SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout Stephanie! Love the colours - so soft and sweet. You take on the LGS sketch is fantastic - love your banner! And your journaling for the SWAT challenge is touching. Thanks for joining us at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful picture and LO! I love the journaling great job and thank you so much for playing along with us at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete