Welcome to the ScrapbookSteals blog hop! If you are coming here from Michelle’s blog, you found the right place! If you are just starting, be sure to check out the official starting blog post here. One lucky person leaving a comment on one of the 8 blog posts for this hop will receive a $20 gift certificate to ScrapbookSteals!!!!
First let me share a little about the pad I got to work with. I got the My Mind’s Eye Miss Caroline HowdyDoody 6x6 pad. Honestly, on a computer, this didn't look like a line I would love. I am not a huge flower person, and (gasp) the distressed wood is something I haven’t found a love for (yet – there is still time for me). But I really do love most of the b sides of this line. The greens, reds, and yellows are fun to work with. They are the right medium between bright and muted. And the flowers are definitely growing on me. I did WAY more fussy cutting of flowers than I ever thought I would. There are also a bunch of fun “striped” papers in this line that I truly do adore. So, definitely give this line a chance! 6x6 pads are a great way to try out lines without investing a ton of money too!
When I saw the blog hop list, I got a little worried. I felt like the weak link in the blog hop for sure! And I know the other ladies are better scrapbookers than me, so I needed to do something unique – not just a scrapbook page or a couple of cards. So, my wheels got turning. First I thought about doing a wall decoration with a quote on it. But, I didn’t know how I would work the product into that. Then I thought about teaching my daughter. My oldest will be starting kindergarten soon, and I know that the calendar concepts are something we need to work on. So, I got the idea of making a sign of some sort where we could change the months, days of the week, and digits out. I had an idea of what it would look like, but then I thought about the actual creation of it. I didn’t want to be cutting wood, so my first idea went out the window. Then I thought about the Boulder Innovations magnet boards I stole many moons ago. I still had two left that I hadn’t touched. I opened up my Silhouette software and got to figuring out a way to make that work. I decided how big the letters and numbers needed to be so that they fit well on the magnet part of the board. Then I got to cutting, gluing, and mod-podge-ing my hands – I mean pieces. Before too long, I had all of the pieces together. Then I got to decorating the base. I decided to go with the distressed look of the papers and just tare strips of paper. I mod podges those to the base, and covered them with another layer just to get them good an adhered. After that was all dry, I stuck the metal plate on. Then it was on to decorating the bottom of the plate. I decided to fussy cut some of the flowers out to use as a border. Since cutting enough to cover the full 7 inches of metal seemed daunting, I decided to put some green paper in the middle, with a grass sort of look. That saved my hands for sure!
And since I had a ton of paper left, I made a couple of cards using the wonderful sketches from Monday Card Madness. I always get great card ideas from the Monday posts on the ScrapbookSteals blog.
| MCM #74 |
Since I still had a TON of paper left, I thought I needed to create something more. I saw a corner bookmark on a blog recently, so I decided to use the wonderful world of Google (and YouTube) to figure out how to make them. Once I got started, I had a hard time stopping! Here are five that I made using the MME Miss Caroline Howdy Doody papers.
Even after all of that, I still had a bunch pieces left, so I decided to do a layout. I used one of Kristy Lee’s awesome sketches (what would I do without the scrapbooking ideas I get from the ScrapbookSteal’s blog?).
When I got all of that done, I thought I was finished. But, then I saw the sneak peaks of the other projects for this hop. So, I decided to put together one last item. I made a mini album in the shape of tags. The tags are two inches wide (so pretty small), and the book includes the eight Fruits of the Spirit. Hopefully when I need to refocus after my kids have frustrated me, this little album will help me. Each page is designed after another wonderful MCM sketch too!
And even with all of these projects, I still have 10 of the 24 sheets left untouched!
Now, before you move on to Kerys’ blog, I have a giveaway of my own to announce! I have some “extra” goodies that I would love to go to a good home. Some I bought from ScrapbookSteals and just ended up with too many pieces. Some I got in swap boxes or as giveaway prizes that I just don’t seem to use. So, I thought they should go to a good home. To enter, follow my blog and comment about any of my projects seen in this post. On random blog follower that comments on this post will win these goodies!
Here is the blog hop order in case you get lost along the way:
ScrapbookSteals: http://scrapbooksteals.stealnetwork.com/wp.
Misty Buck: http://www.mistylynnwhat. blogspot.com/
Michelle Philippi: http://michellephilippi.com/
Stephanie U: http://sucw.blogspot.com/ <--- You're HERE!
Kerys Sharrock:http:// scrappinnhappy.blogspot.com/
Jennifer McDermott: http://wonkywares.blogspot. com/
Emily Lanham: http://createserendipity. blogspot.com/
Brenda Smith: http://theimperfectscrapper. blogspot.com/



no weak link here, Stephanie, loved all your projects!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe all the goodness you have shared!! Great job with everything and thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Charity - no weak link!!!
ReplyDeleteYour projects were just gorgeous!!! Keep smiling - I am coming back after the hop to scrap up a magnet or two later this morning while its raining out.
Must agree with all above- DEF. Not a weak link.
ReplyDeleteThses projects are amazing, and the book corners I would love to have one of those. Guess I will be doing some google and You tubing later today.
Also thanks for a chance to win, I really need to get better at checking out everyones blogs.
There just might be a How To'sDay coming up on them soon Marisa if you want to wait :)
DeleteSteph, what gorgeousness you've created! I love those cards and, oh my, such cute book marks.
ReplyDeletelove the calendar and LOVE the bookmark corners! i would love to learn how to make those!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you made all of that with 6x6 paper pads. I am totally loving the bookmarks.
ReplyDeleteAndria Dekker
Wow! Thats a lot of stuff you made! Can't decide what I like best but if I was forced to choose it would probably be the calendar!
ReplyDeleteWow After seeing all of those projects I find it amazing that you were intimidated! I don't know that I would have come up with that many varied and just great projects.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing how once you get started, the ideas just keep flowing and flowing!! You were a "crafting machine"!!!! What wonderful ideas - you have definitely given me a creative push! Thanks so much! I'm now following your blog!
ReplyDeleteYou are so NOT the weak link! I love those bookmarks and your mini album is to die!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteGreat cards and ideas Stephanie !! Good job !!
ReplyDeleteWOW! You sure got a lot made... and they are all lovely! Terrific job
ReplyDeleteOh, such wonderful ideas! I'm going to steal your Fruits of the Spirit tags and corner bookmarks! Love these out-of-the-box ideas. Oh, and I think you did a fabulous job of using the wood grain papers.
ReplyDeleteLOVe the tag book! You are so creative!!
ReplyDeleteYou sure made the most of that paper pack! Love how many wonderful projects you were able to complete! I really love the fussy cutting you did on te first project, and the layout, but my favorite is that little tag album. Love that! Great work!
ReplyDeleteGreat projects Stephanie! I especially like the MCM 67 and 74! Love all your fussy cutting! Must have taken forever!! Thanks for the chance to win <3
ReplyDeleteThat paper pack is yummy!! I love all the things you created- my fav is your mini album! I just adore the size the color and the yummy brown ribbon! Adorable!
ReplyDeleteHappy to follow your blog. :o)
Jen
So much cuteness - and that mini album?!! ah-door-able
ReplyDeleteGreat work! Can't wait to see what else you come up with now that I'm following your blog.
All of your projects are just great, NOT a weak link at all. I love the tag book, great idea to give to the ladies at my church.
ReplyDeleteI really like the corner bookmarks...being an avid reader, I may have to try that...great job with so many and diverse projects.
ReplyDeleteLove the little tag mini album, super cute!
ReplyDeleteWow Stephanie, you made a ton of amazing projects! And there are no "weak links" on this blog hop, only super talented creative ladies!!! <3
ReplyDeleteYour projects are wonderfuly. I'm especiall loving the tag mini album.
ReplyDeleteYou should not feel like the weak link! Your work is beautiful! I'm your newest follower.
ReplyDeleteWOW! You are certainly NOT the weak link at all! Your projects are FABULOUS! I had the same thought when I saw the blog list and sneak peeks of other's projects too!!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat Job!! Love the corner bookmarks!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteTammy K
Wow! I have never seen someone make such good use of a paper stack!!! Or make so many things for a hop! Each and every one is a work of art ... great job! I am a new follower and happy to be :-)
ReplyDeletejejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com
scrappinana.blogspot.com
I think my favorites are a toss up between the MCM #74 and the tag book. But I'm amazed that you still have so much paper left! Beautiful projects!
ReplyDeleteWOW!! I can't believe all the beautiful things you created with one 6x6 paper stack!! I was amazed on how the creations just kept and coming! I loved all these projects...especially the calendar you made. I have those magnet boards as well, still waiting to be decorated! Add in my youngest in Kindergarten, and you just gave me a great idea!! TFS!
ReplyDelete~Val
izzyw0611@yahoo.com
Stephanie, you are crazy girl. I love your talents! You do amazing work!
ReplyDeleteLOOK WHAT YOU CREATED WITH ONE STACK!! Holy wowzers!
Anyways, I already follow your blog and here's my comment :)
Wow! You were busy! So many great projects! I love the book mark with the read banners!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of projects! And all so beautiful. I think my favorite is the tag set at the end. I'm your newest follower!
ReplyDeleteWow, I am amazed at how many projects you created with the 6 x 6 paper pad. I love the idea of the calendar and how you can change from day to day. Very creative. Just became a follower of your blog. Thanks for the chance to win.
ReplyDeleteI am impressed with how many pretty projects you got done! Don't you have 3 kids:)
ReplyDeleteGreat job! I love all of your projects!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow Stephanie, you went above and beyond here with all those projects! They are all so great!
ReplyDeleteI really liked the corner bookmarks and the tags! Beautiful work!
ReplyDeleteWow! You went crazy and it's all fabulous! I especially like your cards- beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYou did great job with all your projects! I especially love the mini album!
ReplyDeleteI love the fruit of the spirit cards! I want to make a set for my kids to learn them. They could practice anywhere!!
ReplyDeleteNice job Stephanie! I especially like your mini on fruits of the spirit. I too have 3 kids under 5, all 18 months apart. It can be frustrating at times for sure and I know many times I have had to remind myself....patience, love, SELF CONTROL! : ) TFS! I will definitely be following you and don't ever underestimate your creativity. Your projects are wonderful. The Lord created you an artist and has given you your own set of skills. Life would be boring if we were all the same! : )
ReplyDeleteI agree, Mandi!!
DeleteGreat projects! Especially loving the bookmarks :)
ReplyDeleteYou really did amazing with this, Stephanie! I love all of your projects, especially MCM 79. Just beautiful. Great job, girlie!!
ReplyDeleteGreat projects! I <3 the mini tag album!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you could think you were a weak link! I loved everything you did for this blog... and everything in the previous blog post that I kept scrolling through. I just couldn't stop. I think I need to follow your wonderful blog. Good thing I just became a follower!
ReplyDeleteCute! I could totally use the calendar idea in my classroom. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLove the corner bookmarks! Great projects!
ReplyDeleteWow, you made a lot of projects. Love the bookmarks-very neat.
ReplyDeleteYu are In NO WAY a weak link my friend!!!! All of your projects are beautiful and fun!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo many wonderful ideas!!! You are incredibly inspiring!! I will definitely be following:) Keep up the beautiful work!
ReplyDeleteYour projects are beautiful. I will follow you for sure.
ReplyDeleteyou definetly made good use of all that paper!! love the book corners!
ReplyDeleteI love your mini album, this is great inspiration for making a mini album for my daughter!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWow! You did a lot of projects! I loved them all...so creative!
ReplyDeleteNow I'm following - and LOVE the "friends" card!
ReplyDeleteI love the mini album! Great job!
ReplyDeleteGreat mini album!
ReplyDeleteYour tags are simply adorable!
ReplyDeleteWow, you definitely were busy with all those projects! I love the calendar idea, such a fun idea and one I will scraplift to start teaching my 4 yr old!! I'm a new follower!
ReplyDeleteWhat great projects..! I agree with you on how I wasn't sure on the papers either, not really my style...but surprise, surprise! The papers are fabulous! As you've proven...I am definitely following!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderufl projects!! Evrytime I saw a new one I thought it was my favorite, but then you kept going! I do love the calendar idea and the corner bookmarks! I never think of doing things like this with my scrapbook paper. Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteYou were really busy!! I love all of your projects!! I love the MME paper and this looks like another collection that I NEED!
ReplyDeleteTracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com
wow love all your amazing creations...how fun...love your use of the amazing MME paper. thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog post and projects! I must say, I love that you used MCM sketches on those tags, they turned out so cute in miniature. And finally, thanks for sharing some of your scrappy supplies - I'm always giving stuff to my niece, I am such a paper hoarder...
ReplyDeleteWow! So many cute projects!
ReplyDeleteWow Stephanie! You made so many awesome projects! I love the calendar idea! The cards are gorgeous! And those bookmarks are fabulous! I may have to figure those out myself! Great idea to use MCM sketches on your mini album, the tags are adorable! Oh, and great layout too! Whew...that was a lot of creativity going on!
ReplyDeleteWonderful projects! You've been very busy!
ReplyDeletemissstamper (at) yahoo.com
Cute!!
ReplyDeleteWow, so many gorgeous projects! I love the friends card and the L/O, they are all such beautiful projects though!
ReplyDeleteWow you are super mom!! Awesome work so many great projects. I love the corner book marks too!! Thanks for taking so much time to inspire us!
ReplyDeleteI'm following your blog now!!
DeleteWow... I love the friends card. So many projects and still so much left over paper. I love it.
ReplyDeleteYowsers! You made all of that from a pack of paper! You're amazing. I love how you used everything (or close) from what you were given and with what you were given you made awesome projects! Thanks so much for being a part of the blog hop. I appreciate it. It's nice to learn from the pros.
ReplyDeleteWow! That's a lot of projects! Nice work! I love the mini fruits of the spirit album especially!
ReplyDeleteWhy would you think you would be the weak link?!? Your work is AMAZING! Great job on ALL of your projects. I can't believe how much you did!
ReplyDeleteI definitely do NOT think you're a "weak link"! I'm so impressed by the amount of projects you got done with this line! Wonderful job!! I'm a new follower - looking forward to seeing what else you create. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the friends card!
ReplyDeleteYour mini album turned out sweet!
ReplyDeleteI love the little album you made! Also the card with different layers!
ReplyDeleteNichol Tran
Great ideas! Love those bookmarks!
ReplyDeleteI agree . . . you are definitely not a "weak" link. I love each and every one of your projects. I, too, have a couple of those "stolen" magnetic boards and will be "lifting" your idea. Can't decide between the cards . . . they are all GREAT! And the bookmarks will make a GREAT teacher's gift for at the end of the year. (I also like your mini album.) You did a GREAT job and thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOMG...your projects are fabulous! You totally rocked the mini album & those corner bookmarks! Thanks for the chance!
ReplyDeleteeverything you do is lovely
ReplyDeleteWow, so many great projects! Never seen a corner bookmark, so creative!
ReplyDeleteWowza Stephanie! Amazing projects!
ReplyDelete