Monday, April 23, 2012

TPGCB #6 - Are All Restaurants This Fun?


The current challenge on The Paper Girls Challenge Blog had a picture to use as inspiration.  I know many of the ladies are picking the colors from the picture (greys and yellows), but I decided to "copy" the square pattern for my layout.  I use Authentique Uncommon for this one, and I cut out 2 inch squares from 7 different patterns in the 6x6 pad.  I then put them down on the paper in the 4x10 grid.  I scattered the pictures on this grid and then added the title out of American Craft Thickers.  I finished it off with two banners out of more Uncommon 6x6 (scraps from my February Authentique challenge page), a piece of white cardstock with the journalling on it, and two die cuts from Uncommon.  Fairly easy to do!

And here is the inspiration image:

So, after I posted this, I decided the layout needed something!  I decided to add some grey and black twine (from Twinery) to some of the squares.  Here is the "finished" layout :)

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love your translation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Especially the pink with the black title!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I love the twine you added to this LO too! ;-) Probably one of my favorite collections. Thank you for playing along with all the PGCB Challenges!

    ReplyDelete