Saturday, October 27, 2012
If you leave it, I will climb it!
This is my take on the newest ScrapbookSteals MWM - Coral #6. The sketch is by Brittany, one of the Steal Network customer service employees.
When I first saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to use these pictures of my oldest (daughter) climbing onto our entertainment center. That was the easy part. The hard part - deciding how to use the sketch! I fot the idea to mat the pictures above (and below) with small rectangles one night, and then dug through my 6x6 stash for the right papers. I decided to go with Indie Chic (MME) Nutmeg to coordinate with her tan onesie and all of the brown in the background. To "dress up" the kraft I made some chevrons out of rectangles of the same paper - just B sides. Then I took the scraps and make the little pie chart for the corner. The title is mostly MLS alphas. Then I finished off the page with two sets of triangle arrows to balance everything out.
Why were the photos the easy part? I had already had them collaged and ready to scrap for a Scrap-Friendzy challenge. We were asked to use numbers in our layout, and this action set I thought was perfect for that. I put a number on each picture so it was very clear of the order.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment