Sunday, October 21, 2012

Old McAmos... The Puppet Master

Time for another sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy!  Please play along with us and create a layout using this wonderful sketch from Tabitha!



I thought this layout would be perfect for this picture of my son with farm puppets on his feet (and hand).  At one point he had four on, but I wasn't fast enough with the camera to get that picture unfortunately.

I used My Little Shoebox Simple Life papers for this (not a huge surprise with my MLS obsession these days).  These are actually the first MLS papers I have owned, and I still like them!


I fussy cut the sheep and then an extra head to make this cute little embellishment for the page.  A few foam dots gave the dimension I wanted.



I hand stitched the twine circle to give a little more dimension to the page too.  I am not 100% happy with the way the twine looks with all of the stitches, but I like the effect it gives the page none-the-less.


For the banner, I used two sizes of circles stacked on top of each other.  I then folded them over the twine to make a simple little banner for the corner.

All of these "extras" are part of a Scrap-Friendzy challenge as well.  Since it is their 5th birthday, one of the challenges was to "wrap a gift" using solid cardstock for the box, patterned paper for the gift wrap, washi or border strips for "tape", ribbon or twine for the bow, a tag for the "card", and an handmade embellishment as the gift!


7 comments:

  1. so fun! love the banner and title

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute - - great details with the handstitching and the fussy cut sheep!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smile every time I see that photo of your son & his puppet feet! This layout is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colorful banners! Cute, cute LO!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that banner, great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute!! Love the sheep embellishments to go with the slippers!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete