Monday, October 22, 2012

ORANGE! (UIT)

Time for another fun challenge over at Use It Tuesday!  This time you are to dig into your stash and use the color orange.  Now, you could do a Halloween page, a spring.Easter page, or just a normal page with the color orange.  The orange can be paper, buttons, alphas, or even washi tape (if you are hoarding that like SOME of you I know).  So dig into your stash play along.  I know you can do it!

I took this picture of my daughter three months ago, and I finally scrapped it.  I printed it out with plans of using some MLS that I have been hoarding since this summer.  But, with all of the MLS I have been using, I didn't think that would be hoarding enough.  Then I remembered the orange Bo Bunny paper in Grease Monkey.  I had pulled out that collection recently to make a card, and realized I really had been hoarding it! I have had it for almost 2 years, and very little of it has been used.  I think I have made 3 cards and two layouts with it, and I still have a TON of paper left.  Well, the orange and green went perfectly with the picture, so I went with it.


I used the Page Maps sketch (from July 2012) below as inspiration.  To coordinate the layout with my daughter's outfit, I pulled out some pink buttons to use along the side.  Then I thought to use different alphas for the title and finally to edge the layout with washi tape.  


Here are some close ups of all the fun buttons:



Remember to link your projects up with the linky on the Use It Tuesday post!  You can link up Facebook pictures (just make sure it is set to Public), blog posts, or any other public online gallery!


7 comments:

  1. Adorable layout Stephanie and great use of that sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable layout Stephanie! You did an awesome job with the sketch & I love your color combo. I'll have to check out that challenge site. I've not heard of it before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout Stephanie, so simple and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so sweet, Stephanie!! Love the layout and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a darling LO for this sweet photo!! Love your color combo and design!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout and great take on the sketch. The orange is a perfect balance with the green and purple.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love the sentiment and button embellishments!

    ReplyDelete