So, I picked up two sets of Kiwi Lane Design templates from ScrapbookSteals last week, and I have already put them to use. I used the scallops on my mini album (previous post), and I used Spooky for this card. I took the chevron-looking template (1a or b) and just traced it on white paper with both black and grey marker. It made a simple background for this card for my nephew. Then I used Unscripted Sketches #192 for the inspiration on the layout. The stamp is Stampin Up. I had to get a little "fancy" with the stamping since the stamp has the words stacked. But, I needed a longer sentiment for the card. So, I did a little masking and got it to work this way. The grey paper is just scrap that I embossed a little using my MS score board. And the back circles are a button, and brad, and a random black plastic disc I had in my stash.
This card is for my oldest nephew who is about to be a teenager. He loves black and grey - I think those are the only colors I saw him in over Christmas - so, I hope he likes the card!

No comments:
Post a Comment