Monday, February 11, 2013

Embrace Change - Jade 9

This layout kept morphing as I went along.  I knew once I saw the ScrapbookSteals Jade 9 sketch that I wanted to use this picture and my hoarded Authentique Journey papers.  The sunburst was the easy part.  And the twine was a no brainer as well, as the current Paper Girls challenge is to use twine.  But then the photo placement caused problems.  When I tried to use the sunburst rotated the other direction, there wasn't a great place from the title.  So, I rotated it.  Then I thought about the title.  I decided to use some of the sayings from the WordArt Kerys has on her blog for her February challenge.  I thought about cutting out the words with my silhouette, but they were going to be so small that it would be hard to keep them intact  etc.  So, I made a mask of sorts and inked on top.  The smaller ones are still somewhat hard to read, but I kind of like the effect it gives.  All of those phrases are ones I don't want my son to forget!

The photo is from the day my youngest was born.  Although the photo isn't centered, it is one I will cherish for sure!  It looks like a very special time between daddy and son on the day they became out numbered (3 girls to 2 boys).  Since these are the two males in my life, I also though it was a perfect picture (and layout) for the first challenge over at About a Boy - Introducing (your boy).



Hidden journalling

The Sketch
The WordArt

15 comments:

  1. Stephanie, this is awesome! You did an amazing job! What an adorable photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the picture. I wouldn't have even noticed it was off center if you hadn't said anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Stephanie, thats a wonderful collection you used, thanks for joining us at AAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job incorporating all of the elements you did. I love how the twin outlines the sunburst on the sketch. Thanks for joining is at the PGCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked it. I love the sunburst on it's side. I love the word art inked. Journey. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! I love the sunburst. Thank you for playing along at About a Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is really beautiful. I love the papers and the twine really works as a border between them. Thanks for playing along at About a Boy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome layout with the sunburst and loving those papers! Adorable photo too. Thanks for playing along with us at About A Boy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this layout! Fabulous work. Thanks for playing with us for the About A Boy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous sun burst and I love the papers you used! I like your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at AAB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Layout. Love the various pattern papers you used to create it. Thanks for joining us at About a Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty layout! Love your pp choice! Thank you for playing along with us at AAB!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beatiful layout! love the colors and the rays.
    Thanks for joinig us at AAB.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great sketch and I love your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful layout! Thanks for playing along at AAB! You did an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete