Do you have buttons, brads, or eyelets just laying around? Do you need some motivation to use those hoarded fasteners? Well, if you do, the new Use It Tuesday challenge is for you! We are asking you to use some hoarded fasteners and create something. It can be a card, a layout, or an altered project. Just be sure to include what hoarded items you used, mention Use It Tuesday in your post, and link up for a chance to be a guest designer and/or get a shout out for being a Top 2 Pick!
I decided to put my hoarded eyelets to work on this card for my brother in law. His birthday was last week, and I wanted a fun card for him. I went with the colors yellow and green because he is a HUGE John Deere fan. And the brown/kraft went well with those. The papers are Webster's Pages petite papers I got this summer. I rarely put them to use, but they worked PERFECTLY for this card. I love the simple yellow chevron and the green on green stripe for this card. The twine is Twinery - another item in my stash that I should probably pull out more often that I normally do. And that sentiment - I got this summer and hadn't even touched it! I actually had forgotten I even had it.
The design is based off of the Practical Scrappers sketch from January:


I love this card! The lacing and the colors are fabulous!
ReplyDeleteStacey
DT sister
LOVE the way you used the eyelets!!
ReplyDeleteI thought this was a great way to use up your eyelets, very clever.
ReplyDelete