Friday, April 5, 2013

Kiwi Lane Blog Hop!



I was honored to be asked to be a part of the April Kiwi Lane blog hop! If you arrived here from Staci's blog then you are in the right spot. If you happened across my blog another way and want to hop along, start back at the Kiwi Lane blog. One lucky commenter will receive a $25 gift certificate to the Kiwi Lane Shop, so make sure you stop and leave a comment on all ten blogs!

I had seen Kiwi Lane designer templates for a while, and I started to really look at them when many of the scrapping "friends" joined their team. I bought my first templates in January, and quickly I fell in love! Then I won a $25 gift card from the January blog hop (just like you can!!!), and I fell even more in love. Although I have a die cut machine, some times it is nice to just use scissors to cut things outs! And I put that to work with the layout I made for this blog hop.

I received the Tiny Shapes set, which includes two triangles, two circles, two ovals, and two hexagons. Although I love the hexagons, I decided to use the other shapes for this layout simply because there is an abundance of hexagon ideas out there. I started out with the small triangle (Shapes 1T), and cut out more than enough to make my strip (using Authentique Loyal 6x6 papers). I love that the corners are rounded, which gives tiling them a nice effect. Once I had those all planned out, I started working on the border for the strip. I thought about using my scallop 8in set, but I decided to just use the templates I was given. So, I traced a scallop using the larger oval (Shapes 8T) and smaller circle (Shapes 3T). Then I wanted to make something to go under the photo. I decided to use both triangles and create a flower/hexagon shape that I then stitched using both blue and green thread. To finish off the layout, I used the large oval one more time to mat part of the title. It helped make the word "magic" pop off the mage a little more.





Remember that one comment from all of the blogs in the hop will be chosen at random. And the author will receive a $25 gift certificate to KLD. Your next stop on the blog is Stephanie D. And here is the whole blog hop line-up just in case you hop "off" the path:

4. Jen
5. Marisa
6. Staci

44 comments:

  1. That small triangle has given me an idea: it could be used as a guitar pick on a layout about a musician or a band ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the triangle! It looks great and that layout is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this page! I love the colors and you cute title but I really love the use of the triangles and the stitching. Wow, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the template with paper and as a stitching guide! really clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say but LOVE IT!!! The use of the triangles as part of the border is incredible. I love the color combination that you used. Also, I love how you used the triangle templates, drew them on the paper and then sewed over them. Clever, very clever!!! You have inspired me to look at even the smallest templates in a different way. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you stitched the outline of the shape. Also love that you used a tiny template to create a substantial border that really draws the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I just love how you used the triangles and the stitching really accents them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww...so sweet. Great use of the triangles...patterned border AND stitching! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the unique use of the triangles (that's an idea to keep at the back of my brain).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun layout & I love the stitching idea. I've never used it before but I want to venture into stitching at my scrap day on Saturday. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your paper/colors......and the stitching idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your use of the shapes templates is stunning!! I especially love the stitched flower using the triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stitching idea is really clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!! The border idea is so cool!!! I love the colors & stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!!! WOW!!!! I love this! I adore the colors, how the templates are used, your use of texture and layering.. This is great, why don't I have these templates yet?!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun idea to use the templates as a stitching template as well! Love the color palate that you used for your layout! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are all so creative! Stitching around your templates?! I LOVE it! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my, there isn't anything I don't love about this LO - the stitched flower and mix of pattern papers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it!!! The shapes you chose are great. Love the stitching and details.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your layout! Colors, shapes, stitching!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great color combo! Love the stitching and use of the templates!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a quick and manly way to create a nice page. Thank for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great use of the triangles! Looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful, I love the border strip.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I like it. The rounded corners triangles are really cute. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like the colors and the stitching. GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loved how you used the triangles. What a fun LO!

    ReplyDelete
  28. you are very creative, those templates are so versatile

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great use of the triangles. Very clever layout

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow what a great a idea for a the circles. I also love your stitched triangle flower.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Way past awesome use of those triangles. I am in love with these templates and have been dreaming about seeing them at Scrapbook Expo in Orlando. If I could win the $25.00 gift, I might be able to sleep better!! LOL Your stitching on the letters is terrific.
    Creative Wishes
    Claire S
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Pam Wesson:.....Wow....what a cute Idea using a bunch of tiny shaped triangles! I loved your "He has the magic touch" layout....I may have to dig out some old pictures and see if I can find a picture of my hubby holding one of our babies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome boarder. and I love the stitching. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just a fun, fun layout! And great idea for the templates!!! Hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great use of the templates! Love the colors of your layout!

    ReplyDelete