Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sunday Best

Here is my layout I did for the Artful Delight sketch challenge for April (excuse the not so great photo - a storm blew in making any outdoor photos impossible).  I used some homemade modeling paste for the first time on this.  I learned I need more practice!  I tried misting on top of it, but that became a mess because the ink took forever to dry.  So, I added another layer of modeling paste and "dressed it up" with some Doodle Bug hearts.  I used a variety of washis for the stripes, which was fun!  I turns out I have a lot of green and pink.  I then cut the butterflies out of scrap paper using my KLD template.

Here is the sketch:

I am entering this into:
Artful Delight's April Sketch challenge
S.W.A.T. Basic Training - Modeling Paste
Kristi B's April Challenge - Something that Flies (Butterfly)

8 comments:

  1. What a cute layout! Great take on the sketch! Good luck with the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet!!! fantastic take on the sketch :) So glad you joined us on Artful Delight this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the modelling paste! It's on my list to try making my own too. any pointers?
    Love all your washi tape strips! SOOO cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the modeling paste! Looks great!!! Thank you for joining us for basic training at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet LO!! Great take on our sketch. Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Sweet! Great job with the paste! Thank you so much for playing along with us at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutie pie!!!! And good use of the homemade modeling paste- it really worked for your layout :) Thanks for joining us over at SWAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You made your own paste? that's awesome. I haven't gone there yet. Super cute layout. Thanks for joining SWAT.

    ReplyDelete