Friday, October 19, 2012

Paper Secrets October 15 Sketch

Well, I had a few sets of pictures I needed to scrap, so I went searching for  sketches that would work.  Since I "know" some of the wonderful ladies on the Paper Secrets DT, I checked out the newest sketch.  I decided it would work well for my daughter's first birthday pictures (which needed to be scrapped for  Scrap-Friendzy birthday challenge).

Well, this is what I came up with using those...


About half way through I realized I didn't love what I was creating.  It is okay, but it wasn't a layout I was going to love.  So, I looked at the design team inspiration some, and realized that I did in fact of Jillibean Soup papers (which is the spotlight this month since they are the sponsor), and those papers would go with pictures I had ready to scrap as well!  So off I went to use the sketch again.

The pictures are from the same daughter's baby shower when she was 6 or 7 weeks old.  It was at our church, and I got a picture of all of the ladies in attendance holding her.

(The five word title is yet another Scrap-Friendzy challenge, celebrating the 5th birthday!) 
Basically everything on this layout is Jillibean Soup.  The only exceptions are the tiny alphas (Glitz Design), solid kraft cardstock (which I then stamped with Jillibean Soup stamps), the red button at the middle of the flower, and the printer paper I printed the journalling on.  So, I am pretty sure at least 75% of the things used would be considered Jillibean.

3 comments:

  1. wow! Great layouts! Love how you used multi photos...made those flowers... and how you did the journal on the 2nd layout! You worked it girlie!!! :) Thanks for playing along with us at PS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so awesome Stephanie that you created two layouts for the sketch!!! LOVE the papers you used on the 2nd layout and the title is creative! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts! I love how you got so many photos onto the page and those flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at PS :-)

    ReplyDelete