----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is National Card Making Day. So, my challenge for you today definitely involves making a card. Now, I know many of you prefer making layouts to cards, so I will help you with this one!
The challenge - change a scrapbook sketch into a card! When you have your card done, upload it to the gallery and then post it here with a link to the sketch you used.
I made three for you to see. First, I used a PageMaps 8 1/2 x 11 sketch to make this "generic" card:
Finally, I used a ScrapbookSteals MWM (12x12) sketch to make another birthday card:
Now get to crafting!
As with all other challenges this month, you earn 20 points for completing this challenge. Also, remember that each challenge has to be a separate,newly created item. I can't wait to see what you create!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some close ups:
I created the flower on the last one using acetate. I got the idea from The Paper Girls Challenge Blog. Their current challenge is to use transparencies or acetate, and the idea of making a flower came from one of Charity's tutorials. I punched 5 circles out of acetate and then heated them with my heat gun. This created some shape to the petals. I inked the edge with blue ink and then attached everything together with glue dots and thread.
On the first card, I distressed the edges of the circles to give them a little cupped shape. I love the touch of dimension it gives this otherwise flat card.
====================================================
If you haven't checked out Scrap-Friendzy, you should! The first 8 challenges this year are so fun! There is an inspiration challenge, a recipe challenge, a pick your own 5 recipe challenge, a birthday layout challenge, a birthday card lift challenge, 5 word title challenge, a sketch challenge, and an inspired by a song layout challenge. There will be 20 challenges over two weeks (2 a day Monday-Friday). All challenges are due at the end of the month. I would love to see you ladies in there too!




You've set the bar pretty high on this one ...but you know what. I'm game!!! This is on my to - do list even tho I am sooooooooo not a card maker!!! Your cards are AMAZING!!
ReplyDeleteGreat flower! Such a beautiful set of cards! Thanks for participating in the Paper Girls Challenge blog again!
ReplyDeleteWow, what great cards!! ~ Blessings, Tracey
ReplyDeletehttp://gracescraps.blogspot.com/
love the designs of your cards
ReplyDelete