It is time for another fun challenge over at Use It Tuesday. This time, we are challenging you to use your uninked stamps. And I know many of my followers are stamp hoarders, so get them out and use them! The stamps don't have to be hoarded either. You can use new stamps with older hoarded items and still be a part of this challenge! Just make sure you use at least one hoarded item and at least one uninked stamp!
I knew I had a bunch of My Little Shoebox stamps that I got with my warehouse box this summer that I hadn't used. So, I decided to finally put this garden line to use. I knew when I got the box that these papers would be great for our garden pictures this summer, and I just hadn't got them scrapped!
As for the stamps, only one from this collection really seemed to work - the pea. I didn't think the pear or the farm stand really went with my layout unfortunately. But, the pea was perfect! I paper pieced the pea using scraps from more MLS papers. I then took stitched the "vine" part using a copy of the stamped image as a template. The corn and tomato/strawberry I cut from journalling tags, and the carrot I cut freehand.But, I thought one stamp just wasn't enough. I needed "tags" to attached to the hidden pictures and journalling. So, I pulled out my MME Stella and Rose stamps that I have had for at least a year - maybe even 2 years. I stamped the tag shapes on more scraps and then fussy cut them before attaching them to the pictures.
This layout is based off of this month's sketch over at Artful Delight:
Now pull out your stamps and create something! It could be a layout, a card, or anything else that involves paper and stamps! Make sure you link back up to the Use It Tuesday blog for your chance to be a guest designer!


Great use of papers and gorgeous layout!
ReplyDeleteLove all the hidden elements keeps the lo simple
ReplyDeleteReally cute layout! I love the vegetable garden theme!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet layout!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Hidding extra pics was such a great idea,
ReplyDelete