Time for another fun challenge over at UIT! For most of us, it is VERY cold out side, and I bet some of you are ready for winter to be over. So, we are challenging you to warm up your projects using red, yellow, and/or orange. Make sure you use some hoarded supplies, mention them as well as the challenge in your post, and then link up to the Use It Tuesday blog!
I went through my files of pictures to scrap, and starred the ones with red, orange, and yellow in them. Then I through about the challenge, and decided to go with this photo of my kids. I picked it because it is a winter photo (taken last year) and my son is in the red and yellow. The picture is of my older two kids playing Kinect Sports skiing - a regular activity for them in the evenings after dinner during the winter.
The layout is inspired by last week's Design Team Doodles over at Kiwi Lane Designs (the left side). I used a mixture of MME Alphabet Soup, MME Six by Six, and Creative Memories papers on this. The Creative Memories papers I have had for two years, and I had actually "given" them to my daughter for her crafting fun. But, I thought they worked well with the MME papers, so I put them to work :)
I love this little die cut from the Alphabet Soup collection - it made the prefect accent in this corner. The blue behind it was cut using the KLD Tiny Tags.
I knew I needed to balance the page a little, so I went with some little banners on the left side. This is where I pulled out my MME Six by Six scraps. They have the same reds, yellows, and oranges in them, so I thought they worked well with the other papers. And I finished them off with a stack fo buttons and a twine bow.
Now it is your turn! Make something using paper and the colors red, orange, and yellow! Use something things that have been sitting in your stash for a while, and link up! We can't wait to see what you make!

Really love the design of this layout and that you used all 3 of the colors!
ReplyDeletefabulous layout! I love the papers and all the details on here!
ReplyDeleteStacey
DT sister
I love the layers and the banners! Love the colors & patterns as well! Fabulous job Stephanie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great use of the colors! I just keep coming back to look at this page. So cute.
ReplyDelete