Monday, January 7, 2013

Make it Sparkle! (UIT Reveal)

 Time for the first challenge for Term 4 over at Use It Tuesday.  Our challenge to you is to make it sparkle!  You can use glitter, bling, or anything else that sparkles and shines.  And I know you have to have some sparkly things in your stash!

I decided to do this layout of my son in his "winter" gear.  I had a one piece bunting for him in sizes NB and 6-9 months, but between those he wore this jacket and hat combo that was his big cousin's as well as some red footy pants when we went on walks that ended at the park.  I thought it was wintery enough to use this DCWV glitter stack paper I have had for at least 4 years.
The snow flakes are Hobby Lobby fun foam things i picked up to help decorate for my kids' snow birthday this past year.  I loved that the blue pulled the blue from his jacket and hat.
While digging to my stash for thread, I found this silver mesh from WP that I got in my warehouse box last summer.  It worked perfectly with the papers once matted loosely to the white paper.

 And the layout is finished off with a little stitching using WRMK Sew Easy floss that I have had for at least a year.
The sketch is from Artful Delights (ASC #27).  The title is inspired by a challenge over on Rochelle's blog - to use lyrics from Bill Crosby's "Baby, It's Cold Outside" on your layout.  And the winter part is inspired by Kerys's challenge on her blog this month.

Remember that to be eligible for Top 2 and Winner over at Use It Tuesday, you have to follow the theme (Make It Sparkle!), use hoarded supplies from your stash, and mention both the supplies and UIT in your post!  Oh, and don't forget to link up of course :)

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty layout! I love the "pop" the blue snowflakes give!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still so in love with the title you chose :) And that stitching rocks girl! So happy to be working with you at UIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute LO!! Love the title. :-) Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That title is way too funny and perfect for this photo :-)
    Great design of your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet layout. Love the silver glitter title. Thanks for joining us at Artful Delight this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! Love the b&w color scheme with the pop of blue!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Artful Delight!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute layout and i love the look on your little one's face!! :)
    So glad you joined us on Artful Delight this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool layout! love how you used the sliver mesh! thanks for playing along with my challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet picture! Love the color combination and the glitter snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with us at Artful Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch! Cute baby. :) Thanks for playing along with us at Artful Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute layout! I love that photo and the color combo! All the little details like the silver mesh are just perfect. Thanks for joining in my blog challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete