Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Card and a Layout

I got two projects done this weekend.  I was going to post the layout yesterday, but it was SO windy here that I couldn't get a picture of it today.  And since I have DT projects to post tomorrow and Tuesday,  I decided to just post them together today since they are for a couple of challenges.

Let's start with the card.  This is for my husband's grandmother's birthday.  I took inspiration from the Paper Girls Challenge for the colors on this one.  And the design is based off of the current Unscripted Sketches sketch.  I Used MME Fun day  paper along with some solid cardstock, a MLS stamp, some WP trim, and a Stampin' Up stamp.  I colored the flower with Stampin Up colored pencils.  I am also entering it into the ScrapbookSteals MCM #16 - Stamp It.

As for the layout, this is based off of the Amber 5b sketch over at ScrapbookSteals by guest sketcher Michelle.  I used Authentique Loyal and Echo Park For the Record 2 for this cute layout of my son meeting one of his great grandma's.  Other than the base piece of kraft, all of the paper is scraps (for the About a Boy Challenge).  The colors worked perfectly for Rochelle's color challenge too (although my greens are a little darker).

10 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. The green ribbon really makes everything pop! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clean lines of your layout. Thanks for playing along with us at AAB

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card and I love your layout you did for my color combo!! Thanks for playing along!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable layout! Fantastic picture! Great use of those scraps! Thank you for joining us at AAB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page Stephanie, love the green against that Kraft paper, thanks for joining us at AAB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, such a sweet layout Stephanie! Love the colors on the kraft! Thanks for playing along with us at About A Boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background paper on the card you made for your DH's grandma... it resembles a pretty hand made quilt! She is going to love the bit of ruffled trim that you added! This pretty flower stamp has a somewhat country feel when paired with the DP. Thank you for choosing our Unscripted Sketch to showcase this special card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layout! Such a sweet photo to showcase. Also, I love that pinwheel paper in your card. Great projects. Thanks for playing with us over at About A Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The page is beautiful! The empty space and the b&w photo work really well here. Thanks for taking part in the challenge at AAB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Page! Thank you for playing at About a Boy!

    ReplyDelete