Monday, March 11, 2013

Too Good to Use a Little Spoon


Kerys had another fun sketch over at ScrapbookSteals this week - Amber 3.  This one I thought, and thought, and thought about!  At first, I "knew" I was going to mist and have it count for Kristi B's challenge.  But, then I second guessed myself because I only have three colors of mist, and I am not very good at it.  Then Saturday, I saw the new SWAT training using misting, and I knew I had to give it a go.  Two challenges asking for misting that I normally do is enough push to finally do it.  I used my Kiwi Lane scallop stencil and make some contact paper masks for my layout.  I then went to work misting the paper.  It got a little messy, but I figured out that if I cut out the scallop area (three colors connected still) and was careful with the photo placement, most of those "issues" were gone.  And the extra bit of green misting would work good at the top to help anchor it!  i then went to add the strips of paper like in the sketch, but I didn't like it.  But, I found there were good at the top, again for some balance.  Then I cut out some hexagons from some 6x6 paper I have.  I am not sure if the papers are OA or not, but there are from an Artful Delight kit that had OA papers in it (since the mists are OA, it is where I thought to start).  The title is a big mix of alphas - Thickers, EP, and A I think.

And as for the photos - they are of my youngest (about 17m old "here") using a wooden spoon to eat Chick Fil A sauce.  She grabbed it off the kitchen table and went to work when my back was turned to help her brother and sister.  Needless to say, she loves sauce!

7 comments:

  1. I love the large scallops in the background, as well as the hexagons. So pretty and so cute! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your misted scallops turned out really well, Stephanie! I actually only have 1 mist, but now I think I need at least 2 more. Glad the SWAT basic training could inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout! Great job with the misted scallops! Thank you for joining us at S.W.A.T.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute.. love the scallops and hexagon shapes.. great page and thanks for playing along at SWAT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a super cute stencil Stephanie! Love the hexagons too. Thanks for playing along with us at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the story behind these photos. CHic-fil-a all the way!!! Thanks for linking up with SWAT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie - how sweet is this?!?! Adorable! :) Thanks for joining us on the SWAT blog! :)

    ReplyDelete