Saturday, March 16, 2013

Get Crafty With It

 Here is another layout I created this week.  With my husband gone on a work trip, I spent most of my evenings after the kids were in bed crafting.  I had actually started this layout a week or two ago, but I just never finished it.  But, I wanted to clean off my desk, so it got done!

The photos are a few years old of my oldest painting some wooden ornaments for Christmas.  I plan on journalling on the plaid paper, but I just haven't gotten there yet.  I took inspiration from her clothes and went with some NS papers mainly for this.  The pinks and greens are just so fun!
I am not loving the misting - I am just not great at it!  But, I do think it gives a little more interest to the page and goes with the crafty theme to the layout.
Above is the sketch it is based off of - a Page Maps sketch for Kerys's March Scrappy Friends challenge.  And I used four photos for the S.W.A.T. Challenge (Four Focus Fun).  Finally, I made sure to use two shades of green when finishing it off for the ScrapbookSteals MCM # 17.

9 comments:

  1. Really cute layout, misting and four photos! :) Thanks for joining us at the SWAT blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout and you did awesome with that sketch. Thanks for joining in on the four photo challenge. You should link up for the misting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout! I think your mist splatters are fantastic! I think it's probably that edge in the pink mist that you don't like but don't sweat it. It's just fine. You could always add your journalling there if it's really bothering you. Thanks for joining us over at S.W.A.T!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute page.. love the elements and thanks for playing along with us at SWAT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't figured out misting myself, so I think this looks great! Perfect placement of the 4 photos for our SWAT challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the challenge, super cute! Thank you for playing along with us here at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute layout! I love those NS papers - perfect for those photos! Thanks for joining in with my blog challenge this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know that stitching just makes me happy!!! Thanks for linking up with SWAT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layout! Love the misting and stitching! Thank you for joining us at S.W.A.T.!

    ReplyDelete