Yesterday a new MWM sketch was debuted over at ScrapbookSteals. Well, actually there were two since Guest Sketcher Michelle King decided to wow us with an extra one. I decided to work with 5a to begin with, and quickly realized I wanted to use the Crate Paper Lillian papers I had out for another project I had just finished up. They were perfect for the S.W.A.T. color challenge, so I got to work planning the layout. The only problem - I didn't have any 12x12 pieces left! So, I did something I had considered for a long time. I took the MWM sketch and made it part of another sketch! This week's Unscripted Sketches was perfect to pair with the MWM layout. I made the MWM part an 8.5x8.5 square (as that was about as large as I could with what I had), and then used other scraps to finish the layout off.
I am really loving rosettes these days, and this one worked perfectly to hide a little punching mishap.
The title is inspired by Brenda's March challenge - using the works Keep Calm &... on your layout.
Here are the two sketches and the color scheme:




Wonderful take on the sketches and gorgeous design papers.
ReplyDelete{I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}
It is so nice to see such fabulous scrapbook pages...this sketch really does lend itself to the perfect medium for preserving memories!
ReplyDeletefabulous layers of colour from the SWAT colour challenge... great page
ReplyDeleteGreat layout and great job with the title and the Keep Calm challenge. Thank you so much for joining in this month at GCC!
ReplyDeletePretty combination of papers. Thanks for playing along with us at SWAT
ReplyDeleteSuper cute layout! Great job with the color challenge! Thank you for joining us at S.W.A.T.!
ReplyDeleteHA this looks like the "poster child" for that color challenge. Great work. THanks for linking up with SWAT.
ReplyDeleteFantastic layout Stephanie! Love how you combined the two sketches and you rocked the colour challenge!! Thanks for joining us over at SWAT!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty LO! Thanks for playing along with us at S.W.A.T!
ReplyDeleteReally cute Stephanie!!! :) Thanks for joining us on the SWAT blog! :)
ReplyDelete