Monday, March 11, 2013

Easy Spring Wreath - a UIT Reveal!

Well, it is time for a nother Use It Tuesday Reveal!  This time we are asking you to use die cuts, punches, and/or cut outs for a project.  The only rules are your have to use some hoarded supplies in your project AND mention Use It Tuesday n your post.

And as a little extra "bonus" - it turns out that My Minds Eye has a similar challenge going on - they are asking that you use die cuts and MME products for a project.


I do have a ton of MME die cuts hanging around, and I knew I wanted to think outside of the box for this challenge.  I knew the other members of the UIT design team would rock out stunning cards and layouts, so I wanted to mix up our reveal with something different.  So, I decided to make a wreath.  I had made a fall wreath in October, so I thought it was only fitting to make a spring one now.  So, I went looking on line for some wreathe ideas, and came across a bunch of clothespin ones.  So, I ordered two pags of clothes pins from Oriental Trading and waited for them to show up.  A day or two before they arrived, I went through my MME die cuts and pulled out some spring ones for the banner across the middle.  The "Spring" is Lime Twist and the others are Alphabet Soup - both lines that are way over a year old.  Then, when the clothespins arrived, I flipped through my 6x6 pads for the papers to cover them.  I thought about doing a totally random mash up of papers from lots of lines, and then I saw an Miss Caroline pad I hadn't even touched - perfect!  The clothes pins are all out of 2 sheets of that - using both sided.  Then I made the banner using 2 more sheets of the wood grained paper.  I attached the banner pieces with some twine I had almost a year ago and hadn't even opened yet.  I finished it off with a bow, only because my 5yo saw some of the ones online and demanded it have a bow!  I would have just added a few more clothes pins in and found another way to hang it probably otherwise.  Total the project took me about 2 hours - not made at all!  The longest part was cutting the papers and then mod podging them on the clothespins.  Once that was done, it was super easy to finish up!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fabulous wreath!! I love the clothespins and the banner going across the front!!

    Stacey
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete