Time for another LGS reveal! This time we are adding a twist - you must use the color palette below as well as the sketch. Although the colors are Christmas-y, I know there are samples of using the colors in non-Christmas layouts over at the Let's Get Sketchy blog!
When I started this layout, I didn't know how Christmas-y I was going to make it. I chose the picture more for my daughter's red dress than because the story her great-granddad was reading was about the birth of Jesus. But, because I wanted to add some embellishments to the layout, I went ahead and made it a little more Christmas-y with the word elements.
Here is an (upside down) close up of some of the layers. I am really liking the layered look on single photo layouts these days!
I have also enjoyed making rosettes lately. I have been adding them to many projects! And with the score board I got a Christmas this last year, they are a cinch to make! I love the dimension they give the layout, and they are so easy to make out os scraps.
As for what I used on this layout, it is a mix for sure! Many of the papers are Crate Paper Peppermint, but I added in most MME 6x6 papers, as well as some Nikki Sivilis. The embellishments are a mix of the three as well.



Fabulous job on the layering Stephanie, love this!
ReplyDeleteI adore this layout Stephanie! You did such a beautiful job! Love, love that photo!!!
ReplyDeleteLove how you worked with the sketch and the challenge, it's just a beautiful layout. Your photo is so heartfelt, I just love it.
ReplyDelete