Saturday, March 10, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge #2

The Paper Girl's Challenge #2 was to use a photo strip.  I got it done by the deadline - minus the stitching around the journaling tag.  Last week was a not so fun week in my house (stomach bug for all five of us), so I barely made the deadline even though I had the idea, pictures, and even the papers picked out about a week in advance.


I decided to use MME Lush to go with my daughter's dress.  I thought the navy cardstock coordinated with the turquoise well - standing out without being too bright or anything.  I cut the title and journaling area with my Silhouette.  I decided to "spruce" up the page with few rhinestones and a brand from the Lush kit.  It hen stitches the card with bright blue Sew Easy thread and drew while lines in the un-stitches areas.  Oh, and I decided to use pink in partly because I didn't have the right blue.  I thought a little pink would give the page some pop anyways :)

1 comment:

  1. I love how you were able to scrap a series of events with the photo strip! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete