The third challenge on the Paper Girls Challenge Blog was to use stamps. I had started this card weeks ago, and it was the push I needed to finish it.
I use a Unity stamp I got from my friend Misty when she de-stashing a little. I stamped the half flower with brown ink on a scrap from Fancy Pants Little Sprout. I then cut the shape out and apart. The area that wasn't stamped at all I filled in with twine (ran the piece through my Xyron X and then laid the twine on that). I decided to flip the little center piece over to get some more contrast in the image. Then I took a piece of solid cardstock and stamped some flowers from JilliBean Soup Pasta Fagioli. I don't love how some of the stamps appear, but I like the overall effect on the card. I finished it up by stamping the sentiment (that I got when my friend Erica was de-stashing stamps) on another scrap from Little Sprout.

It turned out great! Love the textured look you were able to achieve.
ReplyDeleteGreat card Stephanie!
ReplyDeleteLove your card!! love how the twine looks in the center of the flower. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLovely! Thanks for playing with The Paper Girls!
ReplyDelete